Vice President Of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONVICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
GREATER CHICAGOLAND AREA, IL
T4 Capital Talent is seeking a Vice President of Operations responsible for leading the global operations function of a growing aviation services company. The Vice President of Operations will provide the leadership, guidance and support necessary to develop and implement world class manufacturing, repair, supply chain, and continuous improvement practices throughout the operating functions. These functions include materials and scheduling management, purchasing, production control and planning, inventory management, qualitysystems and programs, continuous improvement initiatives, preventive maintenance programs and plant operations. The ideal candidate for this role will apply continuous improvement strategies such as Lean and/or Six Sigma. As a people manager, he or she will utilize leadership practices that actively involve people, provide professional development advice and appropriate rewards, and use metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), and visual boards to drive best-in-class performance. The VP of Operations will lead all supply chain, materials and product service/manufacturing processes to reduce the costs of poor quality, cycle time, and process variability across all three locations.
* Implement world-class global product repair and manufacturing strategies and practices (global supply chain; inventory management; quality; low cost repair; health, safety, and environmental best practices)
* Ensure operations' capability to meet or exceed industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness as the company grows
* Introduce Lean manufacturing principles into all production, repair and supply chain processes as key drivers of process and productivity improvement
* Implement/maintain continuous improvement principles and techniques and recognized QualitySystems (i.e. AS9100)
* Maintain the necessary facility certifications for an Aviation MRO repair station - FAA, EASA, and additional country specific certifications as required
* Focus on maintaining a strong employee safety record and safe work environment; ensure the company is compliant with all OSHA, environmental and other regulatory items
* Develop the infrastructure for a world-class supply chain, quality and product service organization, including the acquisition and development of top talent. Determine staffing requirements for the operation; implement appropriate training and employee development. Ensure that duties, responsibilities, and authority and accountability of all subordinates are defined and understood.
* Develop manufacturing strategies for improving operations while maintaining the appropriate flexibility to meet the needs of customers and the sales and marketing strategies of the company
* Work with the executive team in the development and creation of short and long term planning; develop specific short and long term operational goals and follow up to ensure progress
* Establish process and appropriate metrics, dashboards and reports to monitor performance against key success factors
* Responsible for capital project management, including capital expenditures. Participate in planning, design, and coordination of improvements to existing facilities. Effectively manage existing capacity and plan for expected growth.
* Other activities and responsibilities as directed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering or other related field required; advanced degree and/or appropriate operations certification preferred
* Minimum 10years of career experience in manufacturing or product service leadership
* Operating experience within the aviation industry or an MRO company
* Prior positions at world class middle-market companies with revenues of at least $50 million
* Mix of large- and small-company experience, ideally in leading manufacturing or product service in a rapid-growth environment
* Experience in implementing ERP and MRP systems with the ability to develop and track operational activities
* Demonstrated history of delivering projects on time and within budget
* Experience in materials management, from planning through purchasing, and negotiation and administration
* Deep technical knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma quality, and continuous improvement concepts
* Demonstrated experience with Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and industry-specific qualitysystems
* Proven ability to recruit, develop and mentor top talent, as well as balance staffing needs against profitability and growth
* Solid business acumen, bottom-line orientation, and ability to strategically calculate how operations impacts financial results
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong PC skills required, including working experience with MS Office suite
* Passion for safety, quality and productivity
* High integrity and an unyielding commitment to doing what's right
* A bright, analytical individual who enjoys solving complex business problems and implementing solutions, all with an attention to detail
* Ability to interface with all levels of management and across all functions, and to develop effective working relationships with shop management
* A trusted team player who is capable of working efficiently and effectively with operating management and staff; ability to challenge effectively while still collaborating
* Sense of urgency and a self-starter
* Dynamic leadership style with the ability to inspire and motivate
* A hands-on leader, comfortable working in a flat organization where you are expected to "roll up your sleeves" and be actively involved
* Strong influencing skills and executive presence
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
There will be a competitive base salary and discretionary bonus based on performance.