Vice President, Product Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Vice President, Product Marketing has worldwide responsibilities for leading and managing a team of product marketers. Set the strategic vision for how we show and describe the value of Tableau Software and then lead that team and other collaborators through execution of that vision. Develop relationships with customers and channel their stories into cases, videos, presentations and more. Be a deep expert on the product, showing off industry use cases, demoing the product, and providing feedback for future releases. Act as the main bridge from Marketing to Research & Development and Product Management to ensure collaboration, consistency and cross-functional success. Serve as the voice of Tableau, charged with speaking with authenticity and depth to tell the story of how understanding data can change people s lives. Write core product content and key thought leadership pieces. Represent the company at in-person events and Tableau s Customer Conference.
What you ll be doing
* Lead Product Marketing Team to align to Tableau s brand and expand its reach
* Manage the Product Marketing team including prioritization, resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
* Own the development of positioning and messaging of Tableau products and portfolio
* Partner with the rest of Tableau s Marketing team to land key messages in market
* Manage the go-to-market plans of technology partnerships and the ecosystem that extends Tableau s products
* Work directly with Product Management and Research & Development to ensure strong and effective cross-functional product strategy, messaging and launches.
* Work with many formats, including visualization, writing, product videos, social media, slideshares and more, to express the value of Tableau s products
* Launch new products and explain why new capabilities matter to customers and prospects.
* Help safeguard and develop the Tableau brand.
* Other duties as assigned.
Who you are *LI-VI1
* Strong communication and presentation skills. The poise and judgment to work regularly with customers. Strong presentation skills. Exceptional writing skills that emphasize storytelling, not jargon
* Domain. Solid quantitative skills. Demonstrated experience using data analytics to solve business challenges. Proficiency in Excel and ability to work with databases and enterprise software
* Strong product skills. The ability to learn new products and evaluate them in the competitive environment
* Energy and Enthusiasm. Enthusiasm for a fast-growing, fast-changing environment
* Results-oriented. The ability to own projects from start to finish
* Entrepreneurial. Strong entrepreneurial drive
* Experienced. 8-10+ years in an high tech outbound product management or product marketing role. Management experience. Experience in organizations that market globally. Familiarity with the business software selling cycle. Bachelor s degree or equivalent; MBA preferred
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Consent: Tableau Software Inc. and its other subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively called Tableau) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal sensitive information you provide us with. By submitting your CV, you are explicitly agreeing to any personal information that you have supplied being used by Tableau in the pursuit of recruiting activities. This information will be held in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Privacy laws and regulations relevant to your country of residence. You further agree that Tableau may retain this information for a reasonable period of time. As Tableau is a global company, your information may be transferred and available internationally, including in countries that do not have privacy laws.