Vice President, Quality (Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Vice President of Quality to support our Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group. There is a strong preference for the successful candidate to work from our Santa Clara, CA site but may consider other major site locations.
* Lead the global quality organization and team of Agilent s Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group (LSAG) with the capacities and competencies required to meet and support LSAG s evolving business needs
* Define, establish and drive forward looking strategies to meet and exceed quality expectations for LSAG products, systems and solutions
* Develop, implement and support a comprehensive regulatory compliance strategy to meet global market requirements for LSAG s medical device products and ensure alignment with Agilent s overall business strategy
* Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements for Agilent s products and solutions, services and associated processes
* In cooperation with business partners set direction and ambitious objectives with regards to customer satisfaction and drive cross-functional and cross-business initiatives to meet these expectations
* Manage and maintain oversight of the Product Lifecycle Management process for LSAG and drive continuous improvement for products and processes across the entire value chain
* In collaboration with enterprise and other business quality leaders develop, implement and maintain an Agilent wide Quality Management System, associated processes and quality systems to most efficient and effectively meet and support internal and external requirements
* Directs and manages the resources of entire Quality Group Function.
* Strive for operational excellence and facilitate the One Agilent culture and mindset enabling superior support for internal and external business partners
* Minimum Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Life Sciences discipline. Advanced degree highly desirable
* Demonstrated industry experience in Analytical, Life Sciences and/or highly regulated markets
* Minimum of (10+) years of QA/RA leadership roles, of increasing managerial experience, in a multi-national company
* Strong knowledge of quality management systems and Quality System Standards, including but not limited to ISO quality standards, medical device regulations (ISO 13485, FDA QSR, IVDD, MDD etc.) and related standards
* Excellent understanding of global legal and regulatory requirements for LSAG products as well as market specific compliance aspects
* Exceptional leadership and team building skills, ideally having integrated diverse global teams into a united organization sharing a common vision and mission.
* Experience driving significant process improvement efforts utilizing Lean and 6-Sigma concepts and methodologies. Black Belt certification preferred.
* The ideal candidate will have deep familiarity with the markets Agilent serves, Agilent products and customers business needs
* Experience in managing QA/QC for Medical device manufacturing is a plus
* Excellent business acumen
* Visionary thinker with a desire to excel and inspire others
* Self-reliant, passionate, enthusiastic with focus on driving results
* Demonstrated ability to act as change agent
* Strong communicator
* Confident and out-going personality
* Excellent influencing and facilitation skills
* Persistence in face of resistance
* Structured and well organized
* Willing to travel globally on a regular basis
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.