Vice President - Quality 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
* Responsible for the administrative and operational oversight of all hospital (enterprise) Performance Improvement, Quality Outcomes, Patient Safety Risk Reduction/Mitigation, Infection Control and Prevention, Professional Practice Evaluation Program, Patient Safety Program, Regulatory Management Operations, Clinical Documentation Integrity Program and Medical Staff Office.
* In collaboration with the Quality Management Committee, Executive Officers, Medical Executive Committee, and Board of Trustees, responsible for the development of the hospital's quality and patient safety
* strategy and annual goals. *
* Leads the Quality Management and Patient Safety Department in the development and application of quality management and patient safety/risk reduction strategies throughout the hospital. *
* Assumes responsibility for communication and education regarding quality and patient safety/risk management activities in the organization, as well as the medical community and governing body, and serves as a resource.
* Responsible for and provides direction to the QM Department, as well as QM Committee, Professional Practice Evaluation Program (Peer Review), Infection Control and Prevention,,Clinical Excellence, and Clinical Patient Safety Committees.
* Leads the QM/Patient Safety Department within defined financial parameters.
* Plans, coordinates and monitors comprehensive Medical Staff Quality Management programs as indicated.
* Plans, coordinates and monitors comprehensive hospital Quality Management/ Patient Safety program representing the facility at the Division and Corporate level.
* Plans, coordinates and monitors hospital quality incentive programs.
* Interacts with Executive, Administrative, and Medical Leaders to gain support for Quality Management/Patient Safety activities.
* Coordinates and directs activities related to survey readiness including JC accreditation, and in collaboration with hospital leadership, ensures that survey deficiencies are addressed and resolved.
* Works to expand knowledge of quality and patient safety bringing new ideas and concepts
ABOUT MEDHEALTH RECRUITING
MedHealth Recruiting is a US based contract, contingency and retained medical staffing and recruiting agency that specializes in the placement of healthcare, clinical research and mid to senior level healthcare executives. We have healthcare jobs in locum tenens, per diem, travel, temporary, and permanent positions
Required Qualifications :
* Nursing BSN
* Quality Control
* Experience working in a quality role at a 500+ bed facility
* Two to five years of senior executive experience