Vice President, Senior Account Executive, Health and Benefits, Houston, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
VP, SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (HEALTH AND BENEFITS, LARGE MARKET), HOUSTON, TX
The Health & Benefits Vice President will be a key contributor and leader for large market clients. The role involves the management of ongoing U.S. health and benefits client work. This position will have frequent interactions with the client Human Resource/Benefit Director for the delivery of benefits consulting services. Responsibilities include managing complex consulting projects, proactive project management, frequent vendor interface, developing client reports, leading external meetings and internal resource coordination. Additionally, the Health and Benefits consultant has responsibilities for revenue growth while identifying client needs for other consulting services.
* Grow the client relationship through excellent service and expanding the types of services delivered to the client
* Manage ongoing client relationship and internal consulting team.
* Perform advanced strategy and design consulting to include the following:
* Benefit strategy
* Goal setting
* Plan design
* Pricing strategy
* Bid/selection projects
* Health plan management
* Leading-edge program approaches
* Results/Outcomes Measurement
* Provide client leadership focused on broader business objectives
* Take ownership of outcomes
* Delegate responsibilities effectively; coach and mentor team members
* Build relationships with client across multiple levels of their organization
* Understand clients' business
* Build relationships with Account Executives and team leads from other practices, particularly in administration, to drive to shared client objectives
* Analyze scoping needs
* Develop business plan and integrated work plan across practices
* Exhibit leadership in business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
* Leads/facilitate complex client meetings to measurable results
* Form effective teams, share client background and goals, measure results, share ideas, identify process improvements, provide timely and regular coaching and feedback to team members
* Oversee vendor negotiations and provide technical coaching to other team members
* Act as strategic resource for consultants
* Exhibit thought leadership--understand and be able to articulate ideas to clients
* Ensures operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements (e.g. Transparency & Disclosure, Aon Compliance requirement, Client Promise Methodology). Uses Aon tools and implements processes including, but not limited to Benefit Spec Select, HVI, Design 180, and other proprietary H&B tools and processes
* 12+ years Health and Benefits background
* Consulting experience (6+ years)
* Client facing experience at a consulting company, insurance company, brokerage or in the Health and Benefits discipline.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field
* Complex project management experience
* Broad business knowledge/perspective
* Team building skills
* Business development experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
* Active Health & Life TX license
WE OFFER YOU:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 0057062
LOCATION: United States, TX, Houston