Vice President, Strategic Supplier Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDaikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP are all some of the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customer's operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $10 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
This newly created role ensures that Daikin Applied's quality and supplier management processes result in the design and production of high value products to customers at the lowest possible cost while generating acceptable internal margins.
Provides the thought and execution leadership internally and externally required to transform Daikin Applied's upstream quality and supplier management processes to support new product introductions, existing product cost optimization projects and after-market quality management programs.
* Collaborating with engineering teams, verify supplier qualifications and capabilities required for new product introductions
* Develop and maintain supplier relationships and manage external suppliers to ensure there is a clear, shared understanding of Daikin Applied's customer requirements
* Develop supplier scorecards and be responsible for quality certification and standard protocols for inspection levels across the organization globally, both with internal plants and external suppliers
* Lead the supplier quality/reliability/development group and support the implementation of process controls and containment, when required, at supplier facilities
* Lead the execution of aftermarket quality programs to minimize disruption to customers and maximize recovery from suppliers
* Develop the business' overall quality management and operating systems, complete with customer/market feedback loops that ensure improvement opportunities are identified and communicated to the appropriate operating leaders
* Assure internal adherence to ISO quality standards
* Develop and implement other processes to ensure world-class quality
* Support the development of world-class internal Quality and Supplier Management teams
Due to the importance of supplier quality to Daikin Applied's overall product quality, this role reports to Daikin Applied's Executive Vice President, Operations and is a key member of the Daikin Applied management team. A team of 6 Quality, Procurement, Supplier Quality and Reliability professionals directly report to the Vice President, Corporate Quality and Supplier Development who will also provide leadership and direction to Quality and Commodity/Materials Management personnel within Business Units.
The Vice President, Quality and Supplier Development will be a consummate professional and proven leader having a deep understanding of quality and strategic supplier operations in a multi-location manufacturing environment. He or she will display interpersonal and communication skills indicative of the ability to influence people and articulate ideas. The ability to quantify results, lead change, and interface with all levels of management is required. A results-orientation plus the ability to think strategically is necessary. He or she will have the educational and professional background to assume additional responsibility in the future. The individual will have personal qualities of honesty and integrity, and an interest in people development.
The fully qualified candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in increasingly higher responsibilities in difficult situations. The fully qualified candidate also will have a superior track record of measurable accomplishments in a comparably-sized organization.
It is required to have a BS degree in Engineering or Business, but an MBA is preferred. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 15 years of experience with international exposure.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled