Vice President, Survey Research 9/1/2016
IMPAQ International LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VICE PRESIDENT, SURVEY RESEARCH
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
The Vice President of Survey Research will provide leadership, strategic vision, oversight, direction, and management to the Survey Research Division, including Survey Operations and the Survey Center. The Vice President will oversee all survey research activities, including identification and capture of new business opportunities, implementation and management of projects for both internal and external clients, enhancement of organizational culture, development of staff talent and corporate capabilities. The Vice President will be a member of the senior executive team, and will contribute to corporate-wide objectives and activities.
* Business Development - The successful candidate will lead business development strategy and execution, including identifying and developing capture plans for pipeline opportunities, managing proposal preparation and budgeting, developing and managing of strategic partnerships. The Vice President will also play an important role in helping IMPAQ to broaden its portfolio with existing clients and building relationships with new clients and teaming partners. IMPAQ has high functioning teams in other fields in particular, Health, Labor, Human Services, and International Development. The organization places a high priority on the development of business in areas that leverage these capabilities and promote collective action. The Vice President will achieve growth through a combination of independent activity and collaboration with other units.
* Practice Excellence - The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the Survey Division and its collaborators are meeting the needs of clients, as well as recruiting and retaining an outstanding staff. S/he will help set and carry out the Division s research agenda and will ensure the relevance of the group s work to its clients and stakeholders. His/her most important responsibility will be to manage the growing Survey Research Division with a focus on high quality work, enhancing efficiency, technical innovations, staff development and client relations.
* Organizational and Team Development - The successful candidate will ensure that the Survey Research team and Survey Center are comprised of high caliber individuals with the skills and backgrounds necessary to support the Division s activities on an ongoing basis. The Vice President will fully engage in the recruitment, development and deployment of talented staff, and will collaborate with other leaders to continue to support the growth and strength of the organization. He/She will contribute to the success of proposals and projects by contributing to the planning, design, and implementation of the research.
* Financial Management - The Vice President will manage the Division s budget, ensuring revenue, expenditures, profitability and additional financial targets contribute to the financial fitness of the organization, and to prioritize the allocation of resources. S/he will work collaboratively with the Project Directors to ensure that projects are within budget and profit targets are continuously monitored and achieved.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
* Master s degree required in a relevant social sciences field, PhD preferred
* 10+ years of relevant survey research, methods and management experience, including team and project management, creating and implementing successful survey designs and approaches, and developing effective survey operations.
* 7+ years of highly successful experience in developing business opportunities, and expanding organizational client networks.
* Experience directing research projects both large and small for a wide variety of clients, including government, academic, and private organizations
* Experience leading change, developing innovations in research and methodologies, and advancing technology in research
* Prior experience with Federal government contracts
* Experience building partnerships and influencing stakeholders and decision-makers to achieve desired outcomes
* Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
* Ability to think strategically about research issues and programs to expand client portfolio and research projects
* Ability to lead projects and manage large portfolios of work
* Ability to supervise and mentor staff
* Excellent ability to communicate complex technical material, both orally and in writing
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Demonstrated leadership with the ability to turn vision into action, creating an environment to motivate others to achieve goals and follow through on decisions
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Please note, your application will not be submitted for this position if you close your browser before completing each section
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS