Vice President of Billing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Allegiance Mobile Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE: VICE PRESIDENT OF BILLING/REVENUE CYCLE
The Vice President of Billing and Collections is responsible for the successful operation of patient and facility billing, collections, and service through leadership and oversight of all operational elements of billing to support EMS services for Allegiance Mobile Health. Responsible for operational compliance with company policies and procedures in the areas of billing and collections. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
ABOUT ALLEGIANCE MOBILE HEALTH
With roots back to the late 1990s, Allegiance Mobile Health is a leader in providing medical transportation and 911 emergency services. Allegiance is known as a provider of best practices in patient care through innovations in clinical and operational excellence. Based in Georgetown, Texas, Allegiance services a population of more than 15 million patients in urban, suburban, and rural areas spanning the state of Texas. Allegiance provides 911 emergency services to nearly 30 communities and currently employs over 1,200 people, operating more than 300 vehicles in over 30 stations.
* Oversee and participate in customized EMS billing and accounting services from start to finish.
* Develop, maintain, analyze and report on key revenue metrics and departmental productivity, performance indicators, proactively communicating and solving revenue-related issues and trends.
* Lead, develop and support a rapidly growing billing, collections, and insurance verification team using strategic, tactical and process improvement decision-making.
* Promote quality and productivity improvement through involvement in the development of improved procedures, process innovations and changes which support the strategic direction of the department.
* Plans and implements the utilization of information resources to support the strategic direction and operations.
* Establish and monitor billing and collection processes, operations and policies, ensuring all billing and payment cycles are accurate and timely, in accordance with internal and third party payer requirements and in compliance with established regulations, procedures and standards.
* Recognize, prepare and maintain reports on billing and collection activities, provider productivity and change to payment trends for management.
* Establishes and monitors volume indicators, proficiency standards, departmental goals, and deadlines for staff to ensure the highest levels of accuracy, efficiency, and reimbursement for services; provides and assigns training as needed to keep staff current on all coding, charges, and other procedures.
* Assures compliance with applicable industry rules and regulations (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.).
* Responsible for the performance of all systems, subsystems, vendors, processes and resources necessary to support the departmental goals for patient collections and service.
* Supervise managers responsible for workflows, day-to-day activities, and ensure that billing deadlines are met and payments are maximized.
* Maintain a working knowledge of insurance carriers, payers and processes utilized within the revenue cycle.
* Actively participates in all areas of planning, troubleshooting and processing in the billing areas.
* Serves as a resource for department managers to obtain information and clarification on accurate and ethical billing standards, guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for building and maintaining a high performing billing, collections and service team with the skills and capabilities needed to accomplish the goals of the department to include trending training.
* Report client trends to senior management.
* Leads and adheres to all mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance.
* Responsible for facility contract management and compliance as it relates to (SLA) Service Level Agreements.
* Responsible for the set-up and monitoring of in-network provider contacts.
* Team member for acquisitions.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
* Occasional travel to facilities and company locations.
* Special projects and other duties as required.
* In-depth knowledge of EMS billing and accounting services.
* Data-driven, analytical with strong problem solving skills.
* Understand the EMS industry needs and managing real time access to information.
* Excellent communication skills; both verbally and written.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization across all departments.
* Strong ability to develop resources through continuous coaching, mentoring and education.
* Strong focus on process, process improvement and quality.
* Ability to collaborate and form partnerships with business colleagues.
* Proficient with MS Office suite.
* Professional demeanor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Care, Accounting or equivalent.
* Minimum of 10 years' progressive experience in patient billing and collections to include a managerial role.
* Experience managing the revenue cycle for Healthcare providers, with emergency services and transports preferred.
* A strong knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and legal requirements associated with medical billing including Medicare and Medicaid.
* Proven understanding of emerging technologies and evolving EMS operating procedures preferred.
* Demonstrated experience with data-driven responsibilities and quantitative results.
* Knowledge of customized integrated software solutions for Healthcare (ESO) and Billing and Dispatch software (JefBar) preferred.
ALLEGIANCE MOBILE HEALTH IS AN EEO EMPLOYER AS DEFINED BY THE EEOC.