Vice President of Craft & Import - (Kent or Portland)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Columbia Distributing Co
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you want to work alongside our key leadership team and help us grow our BOOMING craft beer business in the beautiful Pacific Northwest? Columbia Distributing is seeking candidates for the role of Vice President of Craft & Import to join our team in Portland, OR or Kent, WA. Columbia is a leader in the craft world in the northwest. We pride ourselves on building great brands with great people.
If you have a \\"work hard, play hard\\" mentality and are looking to share your passion for craft beer, we want to hear from you!
STRONGER, BETTER, FASTER, TOGETHER. We are Columbia Distributing.
* Develop and execute Craft and Import strategic plan for portfolio management, brand building activities and metrics.
* Ensure maximum focus on Craft and Import portfolio that leads to exceeding volume, profit, share and retail execution goals.
* Provide expertise, communication and leadership on Craft and Import portfolio management strategies, brand priorities and promotions, pricing strategies and selling and execution strategies.
* Monitor competitive pricing programs and recommend changes to ensure Craft and Import portfolio effectiveness.
* Engage with and vet prospective suppliers for potential acquisition.
* Develop financial models for acquired brands (proformas) and meet annual proforma objectives.
* Partner with SVPs and Chain sales team to maximize distribution, space and planner opportunities.
* Manage reporting for all sales, revenue, distribution and other key business metrics.
* Collaboratively develop and facilitate an annual Craft and Import training calendar.
* Facilitate training for Certified Cicerone exam for all specialty sales reps (mandatory certification) and other employees (voluntary certification).
* Develop and maintain positive, constructive business relationships with internal team members, suppliers, and retailers.
* Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
* Represent the company at various business and community functions in a positive light.
* Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company's Core Values at all times.
* Bachelor's or advanced degree
* High School diploma or GED required
* Valid driver's license and auto insurance required
* Pass Certified Cicerone exam within one year of employment in this role
* Minimum of eight (8) years equivalent business experience
* Minimum five (5) years previous management experience
* Strong passion for beer required
* Beer knowledge strongly preferred
* Demonstrated ability to analyze a situation and develop a strategic plan
* Strong execution skills
* Entrepreneurial mindset preferred
* Proven track record in developing and implementing marketing initiatives in order to drive sales and profitability
* Demonstrated leadership, social, and team building skills
* Self motivated and able to work independently on projects and function effectively in a team environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
* Experience with an AS400 system
* Goal oriented and a demonstrated ability to continually prioritize tasks
* Highest level of business and personal maturity, ethics
* Effective organizational and time management skills
* Ability to work a flexible work schedule
* Lift/Carry & Push/Pull up to 165 lbs.
* Bend/Stoop/Crouch/Squat occasionally
* Occasionally sitting in a controlled temperature office environment
* Frequent standing and walking in accounts
* Ability to travel between accounts, and travel out of state and out of country
* Medical, Dental, Vision, RX
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Family and Medical Leave Act
* 401(k) Plan
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled