Vice President of Global Human Resources 8/11/2016
Global Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Company
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client a Global Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Company with a great deal of product diversity is seeking an Global Human Resources Vice President that will work to support multiple domestic and international facilities. The Global HRVP will work to grow and maintain the top-flight organization that is in place through a number of tools and strategies. This may include the coordination and implementation of systems, processes, policies and programs regarding recruitment, orientation/assimilation/on-boarding, organizational development, succession planning, talent development, management training, employment, compensation and benefits administration, safety, health, associate services, communications, regulatory compliance, and associate relations. The Global HRVP will partner with business leaders and associates to deliver HR services in a proactive and solution oriented manner and aligned with the business strategy for assigned client groups.
* Provide leadership, direction and expertise for the full scope of HR functions including, but not limited to, culture, organization design, compensation, employee engagement, change management, talent development and recruitment
* Support the creation of a vision and long-term business strategy
* Compliance, Policies & Procedures - Work with attorneys as required ensuring legal compliance including but not limited to EEOC and AA regulations. Act as liaison to governmental compliance agencies as required. Ensure consistent application of policies/procedures including but not limited to recruiting, training, reward & recognition and associate development.
* Change Management - Challenge the status quo and champion new initiatives within assigned client groups. Lead cross functional strategic change projects to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
* Partner with global and region HR teams to implement strategies and drive HR initiatives that contribute to the development of HR strategies and facilitate the implementation of the business "people agenda"
* Performance Management - Drive the Performance Management process within assigned client groups. Work with managers and associates to identify and address performance related issues. Provide coaching and support to managers on corrective action items including performance improvement plans and discipline issues.
* Employee Relations - Apply conflict management skills to facilitate resolution when associate-to-associate or manager-to- associate conflict arises. Investigate (interview, gather evidence, consult legal) allegations of employee misconduct including harassment, discrimination, etc. Guide management on disciplinary and termination procedures. Engage company attorney for counsel when necessary.
* Lead & coach direct reports in supporting the implementation of HR strategies and management of HR processes within the business
* Develop and ensure execution of positive employee relations plans at sites around the world
* Reporting - Write, change and distribute reports to HR and other department management as required.
* Recruitment - Drive the recruitment process for assigned client groups. Duties include identification of staffing needs, interviewing, making offers, performing background checks, facilitating relocation and on-boarding of new hires.
* General Support - Enter employee data timely in HRIS system. Create and maintain personnel files ensuring legal compliance. Process invoices. Perform timely exit interviews and record data to be analyzed for retention purposes. Coordinate unemployment responses
EDUCATION, BACKGROUND & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degreerequired
* Master's degreepreferred
* Professional HR certification preferred
* International experience is highly preferred
* Proven HR track record within a multinational company
* Strong influencing and strategic skills, executive presence
* Track record of 'courage' and 'change advocacy'
* Ability to operate in a matrix environment while managing multiple stakeholders
* Capacity to think analytically and grasp complex situations quickly
* Strong track record in regards to successful execution through partnership and collaboration
* Proactive with a positive "can-do" attitude
* Excellent understanding of HR processes, policies & procedures
* A wealth of HR administration experience in a high growth, changing environment with a solid track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives
* Experience leading HR initiatives in a manufacturing environment
* Excellent writing and grammar skills
* Must currently work in a manufacturing environment
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)