Vice President of Hospital Administration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Barker Search LLC
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCATION: NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
The Vice President will be responsible for the overall direction, leadership and operational management of the children's services for the hospital.
* Directs the continuous planning for the future of the services provided
* Identifies goals and objectives; creates opportunities for new programs and activities
* Contributes to long-range strategic and financial planning and development of programs to ensure high-quality Services at competitive costs.
* Collaborates with other executives to partner and facilitate goals and objectives for the Services
* Develops a climate of employee involvement and engagement. Ensures that the hospital provides a climate in which employees are managed fairly and equitably in accordance with personnel policy and practice and that all institutional policies, procedures and standards, and those of regulatory agencies are enforced.
* Responsible for the direction of the Services with full authority necessary for the discharge of such responsibility.
* Develops and maintains a sound and efficient organization for effective management, addressing both current and future responsibilities and objectives.
* Ensures that Services are provided at the required level and that quality services are provided, always cognizant of the Hospital's commitment to patient care, education and research.
* Directs the Services to ensure a continuing effort to market programs.
* Acts as spokesman for Children's health issues in and to its various publics; develops and maintains constructive relationships with affiliated organizations, appropriate government departments and agencies, and all healthcare policy forums.
* Performs all duties inherent to managerial role. Participates in hiring, training, evaluation and termination of assigned staff according to hospital policies and procedures.
* 7 to 10 years of hospital experience
* Master's degree in a related field
* Demonstrated ability to manage a business or institution with a solid understanding of financial processes
* Experience in formalized business and strategic planning activities.
* Experience in state healthcare regulations and cost controls.
* Can partner with others and be a leader in displaying leadership values
* Previous leadership experience in a Children's Hospital