Vice President of Human Resources 9/2/2016
Executive HealthSearch, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE ROLE
The Vice President of Human Resources is a key member of the executive team at Hospital and will be reporting directly to the President, CEO and supervise a staff of 1 employees. The incumbent will have responsibility and oversight for hospital-wide planning, development, and implementation of Human Resources and Organizational Development programs, including programs related to employee and labor relations, recruitment and retention, compensation and benefits, training and development, customer service, cultural values and process improvement. Develops and administers HR policies and procedures and ensures compliance with governmental regulations related to personnel management.
* As the health system continues to evolve the successful candidate will be at the forefront and lead the hospital in a multi-disciplinary cultural change.
* Improve and streamline processes where applicable.
* Increase utilization of human resources metrics in measuring strategic initiatives.
* Work directly with the executive team and the management team to lead, manage, influence and shape a hospital wide cultural and organizational change.
* Responsible for the development and coordination of the Hospital's annual corporate goal initiative. Further consults with senior administrative team to develop and align corporate goals with their individual divisional goals. Consults with CEO and COO and CFO to evaluate corporate and individual year-end accomplishments for presentation to Board's Compensation Committee.
* Administrator for Executive Compensation Program and serves as Intermediate Sanctions Officer to the Compensation Committee.
* Develops HR department goals and reviews department performance in relation to goals. Implements changes to effect continuous improvement in quality of HR services.
* Partner with the executive leadership team to analyze and prioritize business challenges faced by the organization and deploy HR interventions as needed.
* Develop human resources policies, management plans and programs and be accountable for their communication and implementation.
* Responsible for labor relations including strategic planning for contract negotiations, providing oversight and guidance with respect to grievance process and promoting positive relationships.
* Serve as coach and counsel, providing guidance regarding key decisions.
* Ensure operational excellence, determine best practice and standardize HR operations to promoted organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
* Partner to support business performance, quality and all patient care initiatives.
* Implement programs to train, develop, recognize and celebrate.
* Drive effective leader and employee communication initiatives.
* Develops, recommends, monitors and interprets Human Resources policies.
* Recommends, develops and implements programs to support and foster Hospital's cultural and corporate values.
* Develops, recommends and administers Hospital's benefit and salary budget. Ensures that programs are market competitive.
* Supervises administration of health & welfare and defined contribution retirement programs.
* Oversees and prepares all responses to legal issues such as discrimination charges and NLRB complaints. Takes prompt action to investigate and respond to all charges and complaints or delegates such responsibility as appropriate. Involves legal counsel as appropriate. Keeps senior management informed of new charges and status of open charges.
* Supervises regulatory agency compliance (DNV, DOL, NYS, FLSA, etc) for areas of responsibility and ensures that staff is educated in all required practices/procedures.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
* Master's Degree in Human Resources or related area preferred. Bachelor's degreerequired.
* 7-1 years progressive leadership experience.
* Strong business acumen with the ability to link strategy with HR solutions along with proven knowledge of concept laws, regulations and practices.
* Possess excellent presentation, written and verbal skills.
* Demonstrated experience leading process improvement efforts and building communication strategies.
* Experience working collaboratively with leaders and staff at all levels and demonstrate strong follow up skills
* Able to work well in a fast paced environment handling multiple priorities timely and efficiently.
* A track record of accountability, success in human resource management, implementing sustained operational improvements and building/leading an effective team in achieving excellent results through others is essential.