Vice President of IT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAT IF WORK DIDN'T FEEL LIKE WORK
We love VisionWeb. It's a unique company and we're growing rapidly. That's why we're looking for bright, motivated individuals to join our team and help create a marketing presence that exemplifies all that we're doing to address the needs of the dynamic and growing healthcare IT market.
VisionWeb is on the move and this is an opportunity to jump on board and play a critical role in both building a new brand and strengthening our existing presence in the industry.
A dynamic, saas-based company offering solutions for eyecare practices, laboratories, manufacturers, and insurance payers that help drive out inefficiency, increase customer satisfaction, and improve profitability. Its focus is centered on creating the largest and most efficient B2B e-commerce site in the eyecare industry.
VisionWeb operates as an open, neutral exchange, where all participants in eyecare can compete and improve their business processes. Health Care IT is a multi-million dollar market and now is the time to join an exciting company with great products led by a management team with a proven track-record. VisionWeb's partners include industry leading companies such as Essilor of America and Johnson or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
* 8 years experience managing web application development.
* 5 years experience with startup companies.
* Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework.
* Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
* Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
* Has contributed to one or more open source projects.
* Knowledge of web standards.
* Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
* Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revivion control systems.
* Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
* Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
* Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
CRITICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
LEADERSHIP : The job holder must be seen as a credible business partner by peers, clients and the IT leadership team and must be able to influence resources to deliver in a matrix environment while maintaining high customer satisfaction. Strong leadership will be required to transform and build the IT services within the span of control.
MANAGEMENT SKILLS : The job holder must be able to manage multiple work streams with input from resources from a variety of teams, delivering high quality, on budget, within schedule solutions.. He/she must have demonstrated matrix organization management experience.
COMMUNICATION & INFLUENCING: The job holder must clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. An individual with excellent interpersonal skills and influencing ability who can win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization. The job holder must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
TEAMWORK: An individual who can work effectively in a collaborative environment and foster teamwork across all levels of the organization.
BUSINESS ACUMEN : The job holder should possess strong analytical and process management skills and have a broad understanding of the business strategy and operations. He/she must be able to clearly articulate the business value proposition for all IT initiatives.
* LEADING THROUGH VISION commit to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
* DRIVE RESULTS. Must establish processes and relationships which ensures that the portfolio of initiatives are well communicated, that remediation steps are taken when needed and that each initiative deliver outstanding results.
* BUILDING STRATEGIC WORKING RELATIONSHIPS . Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Consultative in approach.
* FACILITATING CHANGE . Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
* GAINING COMMITMENT . Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one's own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
* BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL SERVICE . Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build cohesive, high performance Technology services.
* CUSTOMER FOCUS . Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
* PLANNING AND ORGANIZING . Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.