Vice President of Land Acquisitions and Development 8/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LGI HOMES IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A VICE PRESIDENT OF LAND ACQUISITIONS & DEVELOPMENT IN THE TAMPA AREA.
Based in The Woodlands, Texas, LGI Homes has been making the dream of homeownership come true for buyers since 2003. Our mission is simple: give first-time and long-time homebuyers quality homes at affordable prices. Thanks to our dynamic employees, LGI Homes has a history of success and has been recognized as one of the fastest growing publicly traded homebuilders in the United States. We are continuing to build on our excellent track record and looking to add to our team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Acquire, entitle, engineer and develop residential lots and land to grow the LGI Homes' Florida division.
* Manage acquisitions and development for the Florida market.
* Facilitate and receive ad calls for test marketing for communities in new submarkets.
* Underwrite all Acquisitions according to the LGI Acquisitions Manual.
* Maintain acquisition and development logs weekly.
* Complete all Due Diligence pre and post contract for all targeted properties and lots.
* Meet with State, County, City Officials and Engineers to gather and maintain all governmental regulations necessary to ensure compliance for each acquisition and development.
* Work with the Corporate Finance Department on all potential Acquisitions budgets and costs.
* Work with EVP, Land Development Analyst CFO to update development budgets and lot cost quarterly.
* Negotiate all business terms for land and lot acquisitions.
* Present Letters of Intent (LOI) to land owners and brokers.
* Coordinate contracts with attorneys and land owners.
* Manage all engineering and governmental approvals for land development.
* Manage all land development according to LGI Development Manual.
* Develop and maintain all land development budgets.
* Conduct land development meetings on monthly basis with executive team.
* Identify, hire and manage community property management companies.
* Recruit, select, train, manage and motivate additional department staff as necessary
CANDIDATES MUST DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
* 5-7years relevant experience in the homebuilding industry
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
LGI Homes offers employees a competitive compensation plan and exceptional benefits including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a new home discount.
In addition, LGI Homes promotes a supportive work environment. LGI is proud to maintain a corporate culture that is built on honesty, hard work, and outstanding customer service.