Vice President of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
BrainScope Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT BRAINSCOPE
BrainScope Company, Inc. (www.brainscope.com), based in Bethesda, MD, is a privately held neurotechnology company with an initial focus on traumatic brain injury (TBI) and concussion assessment. The company has completed 20 clinical studies at 55locations, with its technology featured in 15 peer-reviewed articles in leading scientific and medical publications. BrainScope's disruptive medical technology will change the way head-injured patients are assessed and managed, providing clinicians - for the first time - a comprehensive, objective and accessible view of a person's head trauma.
* Reports to CEO
* Full Time position located in Bethesda, Maryland (Washington DC metro area)
* Competitive salary, stock option package and strong benefits
* Lead a multidisciplinary team in the transition to commercialization of the company's products (portable devices for the assessment of brain injury), including software, hardware, and disposables
* Develop a world-class internal operations organization focused on manufacturing, supply chain, engineering and operations methods
* Provide strategic and hands on tactical, daily leadership around production, distribution, sustaining engineering, technical support, quality and regulatory
* Institute market leading best practices to maximize quality and ensure operations are compliant with regulatory requirements
* Develop and implement manufacturing strategy and identify areas for operational and process improvement
* Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer to provide senior level leadership for the planning and execution of product commercialization efforts, working with and integrating the needs of all departments, customers, and regulatory bodies
* Work with the finance team to coordinate activities to fund operations, maximize investments, drive cost savings and increase efficiency
* Foster a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement
* Bachelor's Degree (minimum) in Engineering or Science-related discipline; MS and/or MBA strongly preferred
* Minimum 15years of medical device experience in operational management positions; must show consistent progression through regulated medical device management positions in career
* A demonstrated strong track record of successful new regulated medical device launches is required
* Proven success in the manufacturing, distribution and support of regulated medical device products in quantity
* Track record of driving operational changes through organizations
* People and project management experience a must
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Goal-driven, confident self-starter with a willingness to continually embrace professional development and a passion to excel
* Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented culture
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated exceptional written, oral communication and strategic thinking skills