Vice President of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
OIC of South Florida
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
SALARY RANGE: $85-$93K
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for ensuring that the organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment by being an agent for ongoing organizational change. The position ensures that strategies are clearly understood by all stakeholders and that the organization is achieving its strategic and contractual goals at the optimum pace and level. In conjunction with the President and Management Team, this position identifies and leads new business development opportunities. Also ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for a variety of significant activities including internal operations, oversight of two regions (Broward County at least 10years of professional experience in a general management/leadership role, ideally in a rapidly evolving institution and preferably in Human services and or Workforce Development organization/s.
* Highly organized and ability to wear multiple hats in a fast-moving environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity and solutions. A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization.
* Thorough understanding of project management; able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals.
* A consummate team player with a creative and strategic approach.
Excellent communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; high level of knowledge and understanding, especially as it relates to program replication, connecting programs to funding, creatively generating other resources, and building strategic partnerships.
* The ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals. Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
* Able to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations.
* Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
* Proven leadership and consensus building skills. Solid and broad understanding of all aspects of fiscal management and information technology. Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
* Ability to develop and review budgets
* Ability to produce and decipher complex written reports
* Ability to assist in the writing and review of new and renewal grants
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, loyalty and a commitment to OIC of South Florida's mission
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position works closely with the President/CEO, Board of Directors, Committees of the Board and senior staff to set overall organizational policies and priorities. Leads and develops senior staff to develop long-term goals, policies and strategies to ensure successful operations, programming, fund-raising and community initiatives. Considers and analyses the implications of proposed actions and decisions by individual areas on the whole of the organization.
* Facilitates the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans.
* Responsible for preparing the organization for ongoing change.
* Ensures clarity, understanding, and commitment successful execution of OIC endeavors from all stakeholders.
* Responsible for the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned departmental work plans.
* Responsible for the development of annual revenue targets along with President/CEO.
* Responsible for the development and management of the annual operating and capital budgets.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE OFFERED: Health plan which includes medical, dental and vision; _three employer-paid benefits: _STD, LTD, ADD/Life; 403B retirement/investment savings plan.
_ OIC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER_