Vice President of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of the Operations function of the organization; with over site for all facility locations. Responsible for the performance of all operational departments with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability; as well as day to day leadership to all General Managers.
* Provide leadership, direction and overall strategic guidance for all operational functions which includes a management team and up to 350 associates.
* Responsible to attain daily operational goals and resolve potential problems.
* Track metrics and implement programs for improvement.
* Produce performance reports and executive summary reports.
* Ensure all contractual metrics are consistently met or exceeded.
* Must be able to operate in an efficient/cost conscious manner so that all budgeted objectives are achieved.
* Identify areas for improvement in all aspects of operations at all facilities.
* Create and maintain a well-trained staff that could be promoted through cross training and mentoring.
* Responsible for the development and execution of all operational plans.
* Effectively interact with other corporate departments (e.g. Finance, HR, IT) in order to best align organizational resources.
* Effectively represent the organization to current and potential clients. This includes developing and nurturing relationships at all levels of the various client organizations.
* A minimum of ten years of senior management experience in the warehousing industry; third-party logistics experience is preferred.
* Extensive supply chain process expertise.
* Demonstrable track-record of strategic thinking and development of effective solutions to complex business challenges.
* Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in business management or logistics is preferred.
* Excellent organizational and management skills to include the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities accordingly.
* Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
* The ability to effectively represent the organization when presenting to or interacting with clients.
* Strong computer and technology skills to include a proficiency in MS Office applications.