Vice President of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
DaVita Kidney Care
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for the day to day management and oversight of the Laboratory processes, programs, and services of DaVita Labs.
**Healthcare experience is NOT required**
This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel, and direction. Work closely with the General Manager to identify and develop strategic growth opportunities as well as monitor operational performance in alignment with DaVita's mission and values. This position reports to the General Manager.
* Drives operational objectives and work plans for the clinical laboratory
* Manages the operational budget and capital forecast
* Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically
* Promotes a culture of continuous improvement through effective and efficient communication cross-functionally throughout the lab and the Village
* Maintains knowledge of technological advancements in laboratory testing, computer applications and specialized instrumentation
* Directs the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on Village goals and growth objectives including teammate and equipment needs
* Monitors and ensures compliance with quality control standards within CAP, CLIA, and other regulatory guidelines
* Provides leadership to direct reports:
* Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
* Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company and foster a positive work environment
* Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
* Bachelor's degree required; Master's degreepreferred
* Minimum of ten (10)years' progressive management experiencerequired
* Seven to ten years' proven experience successfully managing large scale, multi-site, multi-functional operations
* Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating management; demonstrated financial expertise required
* Demonstrated experience in planning and managing at operational levels required