Vice President of Sales 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are working with a stable, profitable $180M division of a $3B custom manufacturer. This group develops and manufacturers custom electro-mechanical products to global customers (OEMs), with a keen focus on niche markets and specific applications. They are heavy in the medical device space as well as light automation; but are in lots of different industries. Due to a retirement after 25+ yrs with the company .. we are looking to find the top sales executive to lead the entire group; a team of over 50 people globally, (10+ direct in over 5+ countries). We need a transformational leader who can hone in on changing the culture of ownership, execution, and driving change systematically across all divisions. This group is profitable and doing well, but wants to raise the bar and elevate the way they do business. This role reports directly to the Divisional VP/GM and has close interaction with corporate and key executives globally.
VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES
Greater Hartford, CT Area
Competitive base salary, 25% target bonus, equity, company car. Dynamic culture, excellent tenure, hands-on atmosphere, and growth opportunities internally. This is a highly visible critical position.
The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for maximizing sales volume, profitability, and market penetration of business unit markets through management, administration, and performance of sales activities. This hire will lead a team of over 50 people globally (10+ direct reports), providing guidance and direction through close partnership with the GM/BU Leadership. They must be an advocate, champion, and spokesperson for the BU and it's established goals/mission.
In collaboration with Regional Managers, the VP will develop a strategy, plan, and follow-up to execute region-specific activity to grow sales and orders to outpace the market growth rate. They will drive a forecasting model (building processes, performance expectations/results, action plan), sales efficiencies (core selling process, influencing others, overall effectiveness), and core customer expansion (maximizing sales volume, profitability, market penetration). This team is focused on expanding the core customer base while supporting a stable customer base.
_ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:_
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of results and personnel within the assigned Business Unit.
* Performance Management: Manage performance of the sales team (Sales Managers, International Area Managers, and Technical Sales), honing in on accountability (adjusting, addressing, and taking action for non-performers Mechanical, Electrical, etc), although a Sales, Marketing, Business degree may be considered. Advanced degree strongly preferred. Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing processes and general management principles.
* 10 - 20+ years of sales experience, working in a custom manufacturer focused on niche markets (selling to OEMs). Must have 10+ years in a senior leadership role.
* Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies that have consistently met/exceeded planned objectives, and providing personal leadership through example. Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and tactical/operational levels
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. bility to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Hands-on, "roll up the sleeves" mentality, with a keen focus to detail and passion for growth and development of new markets and business.
* Able to travel domestically and internationally a minimum of 30% of the time.
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Free to decide how to achieve predetermined ends. Latitude in modifying practices and procedures. Strong PC and business systems knowledge.
* Attention to quality in all initiatives
* Strategic project management skills - with a strong emphasis on customer projects
* Experience working with outside organizations
* Embraces the Global Engineering Organization Culture
* Creativity in organizational approaches to engineering solutions/issues
* Experience with new technologies and approaches in the field
* The ability to relate well and establish credibility with senior leadership.
* Demonstrated excellent performance and documented high potential for future assignments at senior levels
* Ability to travel to various sites (most within