Vice President of Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Allied Materials & Equipment
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Vice President, Sales - Director
Company: Allied Material & Equipment Company
Division: Allied Products
Corporate Headquarters: Kansas City, Missouri
Relocation: Yes (if required, to Kansas City)
Allied Materials is a dynamic manufacturing corporation which has sustained double digit growth year over year for the past 10 plus years. Allied owns and has acquired several properties of complimentary product lines in addition to its core business of Allied Flags.
In 2002, Allied Products purchased the oldest and best known puzzle brand in America from the Hallmark Corporation. From 1967 to 2001, Hallmark Cards manufactured and sold the Springbok puzzles exclusively in Hallmark stores. Opening up additional channels of distribution to many regional and national accounts has led to double digit growth. Springbok stands as the oldest and most respected brand name of puzzle on the market today.
Allied Products has recently introduced the first ever Springbok small box puzzle line for sales too mass distribution accounts. All products are made in the USA.
Allied Materials also owns Allied Flag, which also has several product lines. In addition, the U.S. government purchases more flags from Allied Flag than from any other manufacturer. Given the scale of it's manufacturing capabilities Allied Flag has great potential for expanding its commercial flag sales to national retailers.
This job is a career opportunity for a Director of Sales.
POSITION SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improve the Springbok growth rate without compromising brand integrity.
- Increase Global sales outside of/in addition to the Hallmark channel of distribution and export of Springbok to countries worldwide.
- Continue to increase Springbok's wholesale account base by continuing to increase sales outside the Hallmark's channel of distribution.
- Expand development of products either in-house or via acquisition.
- Target directly, present and obtain orders from major Regional and National Accounts for The new modular puzzle line.
- Grow the Allied Flag wholesale (non-Government) business by selling to regional and national retail chains or performing contract manufacturing for other flag manufacturers.
- Increase Company's account base for Allied Flag, expand brand awareness in the retail channel of distribution, assist in the development of sales programs, point-of-purchase materials and packaging as it relates to the retail market and add both catalog companies and online retailers.
- Build a sales team which could include independent reps, inside sales, customer service and support staff to the extent necessary.
- Responsible for the Call Center and sales force, including hiring, supervision and training of all Call Center and Customer Service representatives.
- Provide oversight, evaluation and management of the Company's existing business relationships with Independent Rep Groups with the aim of increasing sales outside the Hallmark channel of distribution.
- Attend trade shows and development of promotional materials and programs
- Provide detailed reporting relating to the status of the sales cycle and existing negotiations with all key accounts.
- Travel as required. It is estimated annual travel will be approximately 15-20%.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Top tier based compensation and incentive based commission plan - commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive Medical & Health Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- 401k Matching Program -
- Leadership Awards
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field is required.
- Experience with both gift specialty and mass market distribution channels
- Proven sales and marketing management leadership experience in consumer products with a broad range of increasing responsibility
- Excellent track record with demonstrated history of growing sales in previous positions
- Experience with multiple product line and channels of distribution including exposure to independent rep groups and catalog distribution
- Direct experience in introducing new products to national or regional retail chains and mass merchants
- Experience leading Call Center and Customer Service organization