Vice President of Sales 8/16/2016
Proto Labs, Inc.
Maple Plain, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to use your skills in a successful and growing company Do you desire a fast-paced, casual work environment that is driven by employees who thrive on innovative thinking If you have a desire to work in an energetic, collaborative environment, then check out this opportunity at Proto Labs!
ABOUT PROTO LABS:
Proto Labs (PRLB) is a leading online and technology enabled quick-turn manufacturer. Our technology, innovation and people have made us the world's fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. Proto Labs revolutionized our industry by developing proprietary computing technologies and automated manufacturing processes that enable us to create "Real Parts, Really Fast".
PROTO LABS IS:
* #4 on Forbes list of Best Small Public Companies in the United States
* 2nd fastest growing public company in Minnesota by the Twin Cities Business Journal
* Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Twin Cities by Star Tribune - 4 times!
The Vice President of Sale's primary responsibility is to develop the strategies, performance metrics and annual targets for the sales staff of the America's region.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Establishes, directs and manages all the sales activities for the Americas Region.
* Develops the long term strategies and the annual plans to meet or exceed the company's revenue target. Plans and implements short and long term sales strategies and develops the staffing plans consistent with the company's growth strategy.
* Builds, develops and manages a sales team capable of achieving revenue and growth targets.
* Partners with the America's Leadership team to develop the business objective and the performance metrics for the America's region that are aligned to the global strategy.
* Consistently achieves the monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets and profit goals.
* Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of the sales and marketing strategies, processes, expenses and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Works to stay informed of the competitors pricing, compensation practices, and selling distribution methods.
* Works collaboratively to obtain commitment from other departments to complete objectives and ensures ongoing communication with key stakeholders including updates on team activities.
* Recruits, hires, trains, motivates, mentors, develops and evaluates the Sales staff to ensure the team has the appropriate level of accountability.
* Works with the Director of Training to identify the training requirements for the sales staff to ensure that the sales team has the skill to achieve the established targets.
* Develops annual salesbudget for the region in conjunction with organizational strategic direction and the annual goals and objectives.
* Implements sales tools to provide metrics for sales performance including new customer prospecting and obtaining sales orders.
* Provides regular forecasts of sales revenue and anticipated expenses. Ensures that expenses are aligned to revenues.
* In partnership with the marketing department, establishes a strategy for building key customer relationships and expanding the company's customer base.
* Designs and implements commission programs to reward and incent the sales team.
* Ten years of sales leadership experience in a high growth environment with a minimum of five years of experience at a director level.
* A demonstrated ability to lead a team through rapid change and growth.
* Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Sales, Finance, Marketing or a related field.
PROTO LABS, INC. IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER