Vice President of Sales and Marketing 8/12/2016
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
ENVIRONMENT: MANUFACTURING; SPECIALTY PACKAGING PRODUCTS
LOCATION: South Bend, IN
REPORTS TO: President
COMPENSATION RANGE: $120,000 to $150,000 Plus 35% Target Bonus Package
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: BS in Marketing, Business or possibly Engineering. MBA would be a plus
CITIZENSHIP: Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder and able to work for any U.S. Employer
RELOCATION PACKAGE: Yes
BENEFIT PACKAGE: Yes
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 8 -10 + Years
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: 5 - 8+ Years.
QUALITY EXPERIENCE: Experience with Toyota, Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizan, or 5S or similar quality programs
TRAVEL : 50%
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: One
POSITION SUMMARY: The VP of Sales and marketing will lead the sales and marketing teams to success by providing exceptional training, support and customer satisfaction. General duties will include; infrastructure and system support for sales; management of customer relationships; monitoring competitor activity for the markets; management of trade shows and marketing literature.
SPECIAL NOTE: THE INCUMBENT SHOULD BE MOTIVATED AND DRIVEN ENOUGH TO EVENTUALLY HAVE HIS/HER EYE ON A SUCCESSION ROLE TO CURRENT PRESIDENT.
* BS in Marketing, Business or MBA with Engineering background
* 8+ Years of progressive sales experience in the packaging manufacturing industry
* Ability to meet and set ambitious goals
* Experience with hiring, training and mentoring
* Proven ability to manage a marketing team in channel strategy and support
* Professionalism to communicate effectively and productively with all levels of employees, vendors and dealer network
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to travel when needed, up to 50%