Vice President of Surgical Services 8/23/2016
A Patient Care Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VICE PRESIDENT SURGICAL SERVICES
This position supports the mission of Medical Center and the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children of providing innovative and comprehensive care to patients and their families.
All employees are expected to abide by our iCARE standards of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence with every patient, family, staff member, physician and the public.
The VICE PRESIDENT OF SURGICAL SERVICES is responsible for the growth initiatives of perioperative services. This position focuses on development, implementation, and administration of patient care services within the departments.
The vice president participates in strategic planning, financial forecasting and recruitment and retention initiatives, and other aspects of patient care delivery at the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer.
This individual manages the financial and capital budgets to ensure services meet established quality standards and develops solutions and action plans to address any efficiency, quality and cost issues.
Embrace and consistently demonstrate P/SLMC and RMHC initiatives, encompassing both patients and employees.
II. Position Requirements:
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the state of Colorado as a Registered Nurse.
B. EDUCATION: Master's degree in Health Administration, Business, preferred.
C. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years progressive management in operations, specifically perioperative service lines. Adult and pediatric perioperative experience, preferred. Strong financial analysis, human resource experience and regulatory compliance experience preferred.
D. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: 1. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge operations of perioperative & hospital service lines, and the practice of nursing process. 2. Success in growth strategy in service lines - formulating a long term strategy and plan execution. 3. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of hospital regulatory compliance, i.e. standards, CMS Conditions of Participation, AORN and ASPAN standards, etc. 4. Outstanding ability to communicate verbally to a wide array of people/disciplines. 5. Aware of industry standard changes and developments and plans for changes as needed. 6. Strong physician relations.
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Bonus Eligible - Yes
* 5+ TO 7 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Master's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
* DOES THE CANDIDATE HAVE A MASTER\'S IN HEALTH ADMINISTRATION OR BUSINESS
* DOES THE CANDIDATE HAVE A CURRENT RN LICENSE IN THE STATE OF COLORADO
* DOES THE CANDIDATE HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS PROGRESSIVE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IN OPERATIONS
* DOES THE CANDIDATE HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS OF MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IN PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES
WHY WE\'RE A GREAT COMPANY
Special Care in the Heart of Denver - Medical Center provides the most advanced care for patients from across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains.
Located in the heart of Denver, we are the largest hospital in Colorado and the only tertiary/quaternary care facility in a seven-state region
* We render patient care to a wide range of patients from several surrounding towns and states * We embrace diversity and learning within our OR
* The Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures 2013
* Our staff appreciates our unique call structure
* We have a highly skilled team of Registered Nurses and Surgical Technicians that make our operating room the place to be whether you're a patient or an employee
Our Service Lines:
* Complex Orthopedics & Spine
* Orthopedic Oncologic Surgery
* Limb Preservation
* Complex Plastic Microvascular Reconstruction
* Thoracic/Kidney Transplant
* General Surgery * Robotics - da Vinci Si and the ONLY hospital in Denver with the newest da Vinci Xi, the most advanced, least invasive option for surgery * Colon & Rectal Surgery * Gynecologic Surgery * Urogynecologic Surgery