Victorville: FT Paramedic $7,500 Sign On Bonus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 90706
Paramedic Careers in Victorville, CA!! $5,000 Sign-on Bonus available!
Sign On Bonus does NOT apply to internal employees within Envision Healthcare, this is only for Full Time external paramedic applicants. Employees must apply through the Home Portal, SuccessFactors, Careers.
Join American Medical Response and make a difference in your community's health. We provide emergency and non-emergency transports for the high desert. AMR is proud to be an organization that is patient focused, caregiver inspired and customer centered.
Don't miss this great opportunity to work in a fast pace 911 system. Team up with the nation's largest private provider of medical transportation services.
Start your career with AMR today!
Please forward your questions regarding the sign on bonus
The mission and purpose for our Paramedics is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Paramedic Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Continuously maintain all required certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
* Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
* Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
* Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
* Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
* Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
* Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
* Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
Paramedic Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members (including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their needs. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account manager on a regular basis.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Paramedic Physical Requirements
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
Paramedic Minimum Qualifications:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* Ca Drivers' License
* Ambulance Driver's License (from DMV)
* Medical Examiner's Card or DL51 (from DMV)
* State of California Paramedic License
* CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable)
* ACLS Card (American Heart Association ONLY, hand written cards are not acceptable)
* PALS (American Heart Association ONLY, hand written cards are not acceptable) OR PEPP (only required for Riverside, LA & Ventura Co. applicants)
* H-6 DMV print out (10yr. driving record; cannot be older than 30 days, online printouts are not acceptable)
* ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
IS-100B (ICS 100)
IS-200B (ICS 200)
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
Paramedic Benefits may include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Care
* Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
* Supplemental Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
* Basic and Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company Match
* Voluntary Benefits (Banking, Legal, Auto, Home, Cancer, Accident, Short-Term Disability and Hospital Confinement)
* Tuition Reimbursement (In Most Locations)
* Paid Time Off
Keywords: Paramedic, Medic, NREMT, Emergency Transportation, Healthcare, Pre-hospital, Emergency medical services, EMS, Ambulance, Certified.
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.