Video Journalist (Reporter), Sports TWC News Greensboro
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for reporting sports and news stories and producing assigned newscasts under the supervision of the News Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Reports, shoots, writes, and edits sports stories and composes graphics within assigned deadlines. Stories should be compelling, factually correct, creative, and written in a clear, concise conversational manner. Will primarily work alone to report and shoot stories.
* Generate and develop sports story ideas using beat sources, contacts and leads.
* Delivers on-air sports stories, demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality.
* Maintains thorough knowledge of sports events, issues and newsmakers in assigned markets and beats.
* Maintains thorough knowledge and practices of all aspects of television news gathering and story production. Adheres to established journalistic ethics, standards and practices.
* Fill in as an anchor on sports programs, demonstrating poise, confidence, knowledge and ability to ad-lib with authority on any sports topic.
* Learn and demonstrate ability to produce sportscasts and sports updates.
* Cover news assignments as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A Bachelor s degree in English, Journalism, Television production or related field is required or equivalent experience.
* Outstanding videography skills with ability to produce segments using imaginative video, easy-to-understand audio and creative production techniques. Experience shooting sports events required.
* Versatile media editing background including aptitude and ability to use any non-linear editing platform.
* Demonstrated experience covering sports events and anchoring sportscasts.
* Aptitude to learn state-of-the-art technology used in remote transport of video via internet and wireless platforms.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability for effective teamwork and attention to detail.
* Must be detail oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines without compromising quality and with a minimum of supervision.
* Must have a North Carolina Driver s License.
* Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered. Please include a link to a reel on the resume.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: ADCAR
Controlling Establishment ID: 00346 - Charlotte East Morehead St
Job Code: TWCNJR160 Videojournalist Nonexempt