- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Video Journalist/Reporter - TWC News, Palmdale
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Position Type: Full Time
Collects and analyzes information about newsworthy events to present news stories for broadcast. Must have experience doing live shots- Please indicate on resume.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Strong News judgment.
* Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story idea.
* Gathers and verifies factual information regarding story through interview, observation, and research.
* Organizes material, determines emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Develops sources and contacts for story development.
* Make decisive and accurate judgments for story and personal safety.
* May also be asked to write vosots for anchors.
Camera and Field Operations
* Shoots video to illustrate stories.
* Edits, or assists in editing, videos for broadcast.
* Drives to News locations.
* Checks and maintains equipment.
* Ability to lift and carry at least 50lbs.
* Appears on television program when conducting taped or filmed interviews or narration.
* Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
* Occasionally represents station at other events.
* Strong knowledge of local politics, events and history.
* Ability to cover breaking news for 24 hour news cycle.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors Degree, preferably in Journalism/Communication /English or relevant beat experience.
* Previous on-air experience required.
* Minimum of 2- 3 years experience in live reporting, including live reports and daily news gathering for broadcast.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 6329
Controlling Establishment ID: 00326 - Palmdale 10 St W
Job Code: TWCNJR160 Videojournalist Nonexempt