Video Teleconference Engineer 8/25/2016
Fort Collins, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Video Teleconference Engineer candidates to support the USDA at Fort Collins, CO
* Will participate in the development of Video Conferencing designs, implementation tasks associated with the approved designs, maintenance of Video Conferencing devices, and Tier 4 troubleshooting activities as required to keep the devices operational at all times (24 x 7).
* Utilizes state-of-the-art Video Conference management tools and practices to monitor the availability, performance, and cybersecurity posture of the video devices to ensure compliance with USDA and APHIS requirements.
* Involved in all aspects of Video Conferencing technologies including video gateways, video bridges, video end-points, video conferencing management, and secure configuration and troubleshooting of video conferencing resources such as Gateways, Primary Rate Interface (PRI), ISDN interfaces, video codes, streaming video and multimedia hardware.
* Work involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance and configuration of information systems cybersecurity posture in programs, policies, procedures and tools to ensure compliance to USDA and APHIS requirements.
* Coordinates telecommunications video services provided to APHIS by the Department, other USDA Agencies, State and Local Governments, Local Exchange Carriers, telecommunications video equipment and service vendors, and the Department s FTS-2001 contract provider.
* APHIS currently has 190 Tandberg Video devices deployed throughout the United States. All devices are IP Based.
* Schedule and configure video conferences. Maintain the APHIS video services usage calendar and schedule.
* All multimedia systems are operational. Cases are opened with vendor support as needed for escalation. Uptime of systems is 95% unless problem is beyond the control of the engineer. Serves as point of contact for expertise in Multimedia Video decisions.
* Develops documentation including needs assessment, cost and benefit analysis, and topology designs.
* Develops a bi-yearly inventory list and maintenance renewal status report. Provide an annual video assessment that contains Go s compliance metrics.
* Works with vendors and uses available market studies to evaluate programs, policies, standards, and objectives against best practice video solutions nationwide.
* Completes reports in a timely manner and keeps USDA/APHIS staff apprised issues on a daily basis.
* Has extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of video conferencing, from design and layout of a conference room system; to complex troubleshooting and analysis regardless of the equipment vendor.
* Serve as an SME on all video conferencing matters on emerging technology to managing every detail of conference room and desktop integrations.
* Expert technical knowledge of VTC and AV systems, equipment, equipment integration, operation, compatibility, troubleshooting techniques, procedures and testing.
* Tandberg/Cisco VTC administration interfaces via web browser including TMS and AMX technologies.
* Proven ability to repair, replace, modify, and resolve VTC and AV equipment deficiencies.
* Operation of AMX touch-panels, Tandberg/Cisco CODECs, MCU, VCS and VCS Express and associated audio/video equipment.
* Exposure to managing Visual display; projectors, flat-screen TVs, Smart Boards, etc.
* Conduct/oversee routine maintenance of video cameras, microphones, projectors and flat-panel displays, touch-screens, Smart Boards, speakers, amplifiers and other VTC associated equipment.
* Adhere to and enforce all relevant APHIS AV/VTC policies and procedures.
* Has good writing, oral, and presentations skills
* Bachelor s degree in Information Technology or a related field, or 4 years equivalent experience or
* 10+ years working in VTC or
* 10+ years working with Tandberg/Cisco Codec, TMS, Codian, MCU, VSU/Gatekeepers, AMX and VCS and VCS Express