Video Teleconference Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Video Teleconference Technician candidates to support the USDA at Riverdale, MD
* Will be responsible for the day-to-day operational support of all Video Teleconferencing (VTC) components that comprise the APHIS VTC infrastructure.
* Shall be responsible for providing support in the proactive monitoring of VTC systems in the APHIS computer centers.
* Will be responsible for the documentation of existing standard operating procedures.
* Will monitor, maintain and support said systems.
* Will provide day-to-day support for customers on the use of VTC devices and applications and troubleshoot issues associated with VTC hardware. The VTC infrastructure is a Cisco/Tandberg Based Solution with hardware located at 5 APHIS Data Centers (Fort Collins, CO; Riverdale, MD; Minneapolis, MN; Raleigh, NC; Ames, IA) and various offices throughout the United States.
* Will assist in the Operational tasks associated with the approved designs, and Tier 3 troubleshooting activities as required to keep the VTC systems operational at all times (24 x 7).
* Uses state-of-the-art VTC management tools and practices to monitor the availability, performance, and cybersecurity posture of the video devices.
* Involved in all aspects of VTC technologies including video gateways, video bridges, video end-points, video conferencing management, secure configuration and troubleshooting of VTC resources such as Gateways, Primary Rate Interface (PRI), ISDN interfaces, video codes, streaming video and multimedia hardware.
* Work involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
* Performs coordination of VTC services provided to APHIS by the Department, other USDA Agencies, State and Local Governments, Local Exchange Carriers, telecommunications video equipment and service vendors, and the Department s FTS-2001 contract provider.
* VTC infrastructure is consistently up (99%). Monitor network infrastructure including but not limited to Conference Bridges, Gateways and AMX controllers. Apply system patches. Make improvements where needed.
* Answer support calls and support USDA APHIS staff.
* Support issues within the contractor s control are resolved to completion.
* Work with vendors to resolve software and hardware problems, including replacement of defective parts as necessary.
* VTC diagrams (Visio) are kept updated. All inventory items are captured and updated as necessary.