This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Requisition ID: 28476BR
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
Position Type: Part Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Connecticut is looking for the right candidate to shoot and/or edit video and/or operate live-transmission vehicles for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions and promotions for all News 12 Services. Will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product, or shooting live action suitable for distribution of the News 12 services. Accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear, initiating repairs when necessary. Position will be responsible for editing video and audio material for distribution of the News 12 services, including segments or entire programs. Will drive news vehicles and/or live-transmission vehicles and operate production and transmission equipment. Candidate will coordinate playback of edited material, assist in training co-workers, participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum one year of experience in a television field production area.
* Should have basic knowledge of production equipment and computers as well as knowledge of news operations and practices.
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively and the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
* A flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as well as a valid driver s license and a good driving record are required.
* Demos are required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace..