This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription COX MEDIA GROUP OHIO is looking for a full time VIDEOGRAPHER/PRODUCER/EDITOR to join our Creative Services team in Dayton, Ohio. Our team is comprised of collaborative, innovative professionals with entrepreneurial spirit, sound creative judgment and production expertise.
This position reports to the Creative Manager and assists the Creative team in the development and production of video content for new or existing advertising campaigns. Projects include, but are not limited to brand messaging, short and long-form commercials, web video vignettes, instructional videos and more. This position is responsible for the entire process of creating videos from developing the concept to editing the final product. This position requires active participation in brainstorming sessions with clients to determine the creative direction that will meet the client s needs.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects at various stages in the production process. A self-starter who can work independently and as part of a diverse team. Excellent communication skills is imperative the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. A hard worker who takes the initiative to get the job done on time and does not let anything slip between the cracks.
Candidates interested in this position must submit a link to their most recent video demo reel on their resume or cover letter to be considered.
* Develop a concept through the entire process of creating videos pitching to the client, writing the script, securing talent, shooting, editing and distribution
* Coordinate all aspects of a shoot including locations, extras and talent, when needed
* Write scripts for commercials, web vignettes and long form videos
* Shoot video independently using a DSLR camera
* Edit video using Adobe Premiere or Avid
* Collaborate with other team members, Sales, clients and/or management on video projects, multi-media campaigns and digital initiatives for both internal and external clients
* Actively participate in creative brainstorms and planning meetings and other responsibilities as determined by the Creative Manager
* Take ownership of and execute projects with or without pre-defined creative vision
* Direct live remote shoots and/or run camera for live remotes, as needed
* Degree from accredited College or University with focus on Media Communications, Television, Film or related field is preferred
* 3-5 years experience producing professional video projects or commercials for clients
* Experience writing scripts for film or television
* Strong production skills including camera operation, lighting and sound recording
* Strong post-production skills utilizing programs such Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and/or Avid
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a highly creative team
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well under tight deadlines
* Positive, motivated attitude with a strong work ethic
* Available for overtime and/or occasional weekends, as needed
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Job Level:Individual Contributor