BioTelemetry Research - Budgets and Proposals Coordinator 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Proposal and Budgets Coordinator
The Proposal and Budgets Coordinator is responsible for handling bids and leading requests for proposals (RFP s). You will lead, plan, and execute proposal and budget efforts. The successful candidate will possess the highest sense of urgency, business acumen, and a willingness and ability to interact with a range of internal and external contacts. Work will take place in a fast-paced environment with numerous concurrent demands.
Work with key company personnel to create budgets and develop proposals for incoming RFP s, and needed updates to these documents prior to sign off:
* Participate in the feasibility research for performing the services outlined in RFPs to assess if the requests meet our capabilities.
* Coordinate and manage the VirtualScopics RFP Review Process.
* Schedule associated review meetings with all internal departments including imaging scientists, site management, incoming image processing, core lab, project management, business development, etc.
* Read technical documents in order to prepare estimates.
* Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
* Use computer software to calculate estimates - Excel
* Work with business development team to prepare budgets and proposals for clients
* Make calculations, analyze many inputs, determine how much time, money, and labor a service needs and how profitable it will be
* Review and evaluate price variance requests from the internal team; review historic pricing and profit margins
* Formulate and communicate competitive analyses and current trends
* Draft and finalize proposals and budgets on technical products and services and ensure that all client requirements are addressed in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Timely preparation of responses to RFP s.
* Meet aggressive turnaround times required for the completion of the RFP documents and budgets for submission to the client.
* Create meeting minutes for all meetings and track action items, concerns, risks, etc.
* Maintain and update proposal and budget templates as required.
* Facilitate contract execution and internal study initiation processes including study hand-offs to project managers.
* Strategize with Sales team to explore alternatives to exceptions and contractual options, document all exceptions and approvals
* Support marketing to assess business opportunities for new markets under consideration.
* Minimum of a Bachelors degree (business, life sciences) or equivalent business experience in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO 9001, etc.)
* 3-5 years Project Management experience preferred
* Experience managing budgets
* Experience in a small company environment, a plus
* Strong work ethic
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills, coupled with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
* Team player with excellent relationship-building skills
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, independently, or lead in a cross-functional and team-oriented environment
* Ability to think logically, analytically, and creatively to solve complex problems; resourceful and solution oriented
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results on multiple projects
* Working knowledge of pharmaceutical or clinical trials markets a plus
* Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device a plus
* Expert-level Microsoft Excel (Formatting, Formulas, Conditional Formulas)
* Expert-level Microsoft Word (Macros, Headers, Footers, Advance Properties)