This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for VIRTUALIZATION ENGINEER for our client in FORT WORTH, TX
JOB TITLE: VIRTUALIZATION ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: FORT WORTH, TX
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Responsible for configuration, validation, qualification and administration of Private Cloud Virtualization Platforms - Vblock, Nutanix
* Responsible for Level 4 support of all technical issues related to Private Cloud Infrastructure
* Organize and coordinate the activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade or repairs to Virtualization Platforms and related infrastructure.
* Consult with and make recommendations to Architecture Team, Service Manager, and Project Teams deploying applications in the Private Cloud V irtualization environment.
* Design, coordinate and execute migrations to Private Cloud Platforms
* Improve, track progress, and make recommendations on Infrastructure Improvements, imaging, and new releases.
* Help in sizing and validating solution design
* P rovide technical expertise for planning and defining upgrade requirements: perform feasibility and performance studies including benchmark, capacity planning, and sizing of server architecture.
* Provide technical leadership to Vendor (VCE, Nutanix, HCL, Infosys) professional services project teams, which will include project work onsite
* Manage Security rights and privileges to ensure access control is configured to maximize resource output while maintaining the best level of security possible.
* Co-ordinate with Quality Managers to ensure that all required processes and procedures are followed and deviations/exception are documented properly.
* Follow, maintain and update Engineering standards for design, deployment and operation of Private Cloud Infrastructure
* Create new system recommendations to meet user needs, including the system configurations and installation planning.
* Identify and document processes that can be automated or industrialized
* Provide technical recommendations regarding Cloud computing: specifically, automation and self-service related toolsets.
* Report major outages, service interruptions, and service failures to the user community and assist in the analysis of the interruptions when they occur.
* Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
* Achieve agreed targets in terms of quality, time and cost.
* Ensure successful completion of projects on time and operational stability
* Adhere to strict standards and ITIL processes
* Implement strategies to allow ongoing operational upgrades and ever-greening of technical solutions
* Ensure that the system remains qualified and that all new processes go through a proper vetting as determined by quality management.
* Adhere to Vendor (VCE, EMC, Nutanix etc.) best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
* Tr ain and assist in directing lower technical resources to promote positive resource usage.
* Capable of taking technical lead role for category A and B projects with more than 4 indirect reports.
* Capable of managing projects related to Private Cloud Infrastructure projects ( $3m) with either local or global scope.
* Ability to collaborate with resources from GIS and the business lines, acting as subject matter expert for cloud based computing.
* Ensure Private Cloud Infrastructure operations are aligned with strategies of GIS to ensure support for the future technology roadmap.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* University working and thinking level, degree in computer science or comparable education / experience
* 10+ years of relevant experience
* More than 6 years of Virtualization (VMware) and Cloud technologies
* Experience with Converged (Vblock) and Hyper-converged (Nutanix) infrastructure architecture, design, deployment and operations.
* Experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and a pplication partitioning
* At least 2 years experience in a technical lead role for small- or medium-size teams
* Sound knowledge of Enterprise Storage, Networking and Security
* Basic knowledge of Service Management (ITIL) through experience or certification.
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Proven capability and experience in leading projects and resources
* Experience of working in GxP/SOX qualified environments
* Experience of working in a matrix organization including off-shore teams
* English (written and spoken) required
* Agreeable to travel (globally) as required (