This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160725-7931-RLB
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
* Responsible for VMware, VDI and Infrastructure Operations.
* Responsible for Cisco UCS Blade support as it relates to VMware and new OS deployments.
* Analyzes system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources. Monitors resource usage, making required adjustments.
* Participates in on-call production support activities. Is expected to have the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise. Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages. Implements automation wherever possible.
* Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
* Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 3-5 years hands on experience with VMware ESXi 4.x/5.x - installation, configuration, recovery, SRM and administration of VMware ESX Server 4.X, 5.X in a large enterprise clustered/high availability environment.
* Understanding of Storage Systems (SAN/NAS) Concepts.
* Monitor capacity and performance of the virtual infrastructure and report possible service impacts to management.
* Work closely with virtual and storage infrastructure, including Windows and Linux operating systems, server virtualization software, virtual infrastructure management, storage management.
* Good written and verbal communications skills.
* VMWare certification(s) a plus.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.