Visual Interaction Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE SUMMARY:
Designers at IDEO routinely work on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs and experiences into spaces, brands, services and products. Working at IDEO means you ll tackle all aspects of the design process from user research to physical and digital prototyping to helping tell the project story to the client. If you re a creative thinker with a passion for pixels and a knack for crafting compelling digital creative strategies, keep reading.
ONCE YOU ARE HERE YOU WILL:
* Work on projects that tackle problems across a variety of industries, helping drive both the high-level strategy and the tangible digital experiences to support the strategy.
* Get the opportunity to go out in the field with your team to build empathy for a user s needs first-hand to things like watching a surgical procedure, exploring the house of a hoarder, or flying a flight simulator.
* Collaborate with designers with different backgrounds such as industrial designers, business designers, environment designers, and interaction designers to develop a holistic design for our clients and solve big hairy problems.
* Create looks like/works like designs or prototypes that bring digital concepts to life and support the project strategy.
* Apply a human-centered design process to craft digital experiences that can run the gamut from product interactions to websites to apps to software and beyond.
SOME PREVIOUS PROJECTS TO CHECK OUT:
* My Ford Touch: Designed signature interface elements for all Ford vehicles that connect drivers with both onboard technologies and their personal digital devices.
* PNC Wealth Insight: Conducted deep field research with wealth managers and utilized real client data to design clear and concise visualizations that give investors the right level of insight.
* Food Genius: Tapped into big data with our first startup-in-residence to design Food Genius Reports, a consumer and food industry trends dashboard.
* State Farm NextDoor: Integrated digital touchpoints that foster person-to-person interaction within a new service offering that includes new communications, tools, roles, and space.
* 3+ years interaction/graphic design experience across a variety of digital media.
* Bachelor s degree in Graphic Design, New Media or an equivalent degree.
* Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, prototyping, and crafting both the visual UI and over-arching digital UX and IA.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools including Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, and onscreen prototyping tools. Bonus for experience in motion design or front-end coding.
* Have a point of view about your work and a passion for visual design and learning new methods of designing digital experiences.
Please include your answer to the question below in your cover letter.
What do you think is the most well designed website in the world right now* What do you like about it* If you could make it even better, what would you do*
Your portfolio should include at least 4 examples of work-related projects, indicating your role and contribution for each project. In particular, we want to hear about the process involved in developing the design or project. Bonus points if you include projects you have worked on as personal passion projects.