This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Lone Tree, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage the day-to-day operation of the Merchandising Department, including coaching associates to standards and assisting associates in the performance of daily tasks. Lead visual staff to ensure completion of assigned projects to visual standards including but not limited to: new product launches, floor moves, doll and display maintenance, and organization of visual props.
* Regularly communicate with all divisions and department managers to ensure consistency and to ensure an understanding of their specific visual needs.
* Communicate company, store and visual department information to visual associates in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to information from morning store meetings, department meetings, and training updates.
* Responsible for reading e-mails on a daily basis, and respond to any immediate issues. Ensure staff schedule is completed in a timely manner. Schedules to meet needs of the department. This also includes scheduling lunch and breaks with appropriate coverage.
* Ensures the work area is maintained in a neat, organized and safety conscious manner. Manages new shipments of supplies, graphics and etc. Completes tasks accurately and in a timely manner. Demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs of the department.
* Ensure that the customer is consistently treated as the number one priority. At peak business, may need to assist with the bagging of product, assistance in reduction of customer cash out lines, stock shelves and merchandise walls.
* Works as a contributing member of the team. Serves as a role model for the visual team by demonstrating positive behavior and leading by example. Assists on tasks based on the needs of the business.
Experience, Education & Skills
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Bachelor degree preferred in Visual/Fashion/Art or related field -OR- 2-4 years experience in Visual Merchandising
* 1-2 years experience working in retail environment
* 1-2 years previous Supervisory experience
* Knowledge of general visual principles required
* Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word required
* Ability to work independently
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT, www.mattel.com/careers), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer