This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We currently have an opportunity for a part-time Visual Merchandiser. This is a 30 hour a week and fully benefitted position. We offer a competitive salary plus medical, dental, vision, 401k, and merit bonus plans.
A portfolio is required to apply for this position; traditional and/or digital examples of work may include: floor sets executed, merchandising and/or construction skills
Primary responsibilities include:
* Assist the visual merchandising managers in the execution of display window changes, merchandise changes and planograms
* Create fun and creative window and interior displays using doll product and props
* Overall maintenance of visuals in the store
* Provide great customer service by ensuring all displays and merchandising are at 100% standard excellence
* Interact with staff and management
Experience, Education & Skills
* 2 years of experience in a retail visual environment is essential
* Undergraduate degree in arts or visual merchandising required
* Knowledge of general visual principles required
* Strong construction skills
* Positive attitude
* Ability to utilize visual tools (i.e. x-acto knife, measuring tape, hot glue gun, wire cutters, staple gun, and paint brushes
* Ability to work independently and quickly within a team setting
* Work schedule requires early morning shifts; including some evenings, weekends, and holidays
MORE ABOUT WHO WE ARE
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com ). The Mattel family of companies is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of toys and family products. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include BeForever , My American Girl , Girl of the Year , and Bitty Baby . Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators.
Please apply online at www.americangirl.com
Connect with us on Facebook at American Girl Careers!
Affirmative Action Employer