Visual Merchandising Field Leader - #236 San Francisco
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Visual Merchandising Field Leader directs and trains the Store Managers, Associate Store Managers, Leads, and MPAs in conjunction with the Visual Merchandising Market Leader on all aspects of merchandise presentation to ensure the highest level of visual standards within Sears stores. The position is responsible to ensure store implementation of the National Presentation Standards and will work with the Visual Merchandising Market Leader and the store team to accomplish high Visual standards in
each area (Softlines and Hardlines). The intent is to establish a higher level of visual presentation standards, building upon the basics stores are trained to execute and will include 100% execution of BU strategies, ensuring the correct merchandise flow, an increased level of shopability, and daily maintenance. These efforts will ensure store teams align to standards and provide an elevated Member Experience. This position will support the Visual Merchandising needs for Sears formats.
Responsible for hiring and ongoing training of Visual Merchandising Market Leaders. Coordinates resouce deployment supporting all stores in assigned markets. Also, responsible for assigned group of FLS units, supporting all training relating to visual merchandising activities. Collaborates with store & field visual teams to enhance support of BU initiatives, Monthly Plan to Sell (MPS) and all National
Presentation Standards (NPS).JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works in conjunction with Region, Market, and Store management to review store condition and drive store results: develop, create, and implement action plans in order to increase sales, profit and enhanced Member Experience through merchandise and visual presentation.
* Conducts store visits within Markets for the purpose of identifying issues and opportunities, coaching and training, and works with Visual Merchandising Market Leader to develop Action Plans to improve merchandise and visual presentation.
* Analyzes sales and merchandise to identify and interpret business opportunities for each store.
* Provides feedback to Region, District, Market and Store Team concerning observations of current state, opportunities for improvement, and evaluation of talent. Shares best practices via Pebble and Store Visit Recaps.
* Actively coaches and participates in Training Workshops working with the Visual Merchandising Market Leader to ensure Seasonal Business initiatives are understood and fully executed in order for store teams to achieve the highest potential through hands-on training.
* Provide a lifeline to outlier stores located outside key markets utilizing FaceTime or conference calls.
* Advise management of bestselling and poor selling merchandise, reviewing placement and presentation to improve sales, profit and inventory productivity.
* Participates and assists with store projects and store tests to ensure the success of an initiative.
* Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates.
* Associate s or Bachelor s degree in Fashion, Merchandising, Design or a similar function preferred.
* 3-5 years of merchandise retail experience
* Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills (verbal and written) needed to communicate to all levels of management and business partners.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Photo taking and photo editing skills required.
* Ability to collaborate and work as a team partner / team player.
* Ability to facilitate and train all levels of management.
* Participates and assists with store projects and store tests to ensure the success of each initiative (Real Estate / Home Office).
* Stays abreast of competition within the market by shopping competitors, and reviews fashion and trend publications which in turn provide an opportunity to share fresh alternatives to improve business results and drive sales.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.