Voice Networks Lead 8/17/2016
Exeter Government Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Exeter is looking for a VOICE NETWORKS LEAD for a position supporting United States Southern Command HQ in Doral, FL (Miami area). This is a long term opportunity; employees have the ability to remain on contract for 6+ years. Paid relocation to Doral is not available; candidates must be local or willing to relocate at their own expense. Upward mobility to more senior positions is possible based on qualifications and performance. The duties of the position are as follows:
* Responsible for expert-level engineering to plan, operate and troubleshoot complex, converged network infrastructures.
* Coordinate overall Enterprise Audio/Video, VTC and Voice Capabilities activities within the USSOUTHCOM Theater. Provide management oversight and technical lead support to personnel in providing converged network services, inclusive of courtroom and ancillary courtroom systems support and expert technical consultation, which include operators and technicians for satellite, data, VoIP and audio/video transmissions.
* Operate, maintain, and perform life cycle activities on all VoIP, VTC, briefing and display systems, and conference room systems. Control and supervise public address system support (in addition to operations and maintenance) to include setting up and tearing down systems for functions and ceremonies.
* In assuming this position, the candidate will also be a critical contributor to meeting USSOUTHCOM s mission: To deliver innovative, cost effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
* U.S. Citizenship with a current Active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/ SCI - NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, IT, computer engineering or electrical engineering, or other related field;
* 3-5 years of experience in the field or related area
* TWO current technical certifications as outlined below NO EXCEPTIONS. Candidates should submit copies of certifications with their resumes.
* Previous SOUTHCOM IT/Voice Networking experience
* Military veterans highly desired
* Diagnostic skills.
* Troubleshoot network issues quickly by identifying the sources of problems.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and with written documentation.
* Good interpersonal skills to communicate with network users and other information system professionals.
* Project management skills to ensure that new installations or network upgrades do not disrupt normal work. Prior VoIP technology implementation and support experience with Enterprise type accounts.
* Proven success with strategic planning, process re-engineering, and project management.
* Able to effectively manage staff; meet deadlines and tight time constraints.
Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical IAT Level II (IAT-II) certification requirements - CompTIA Security+ CE, or any of the other DoD approved IAT II baseline certifications listed at this link: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
ADDITIONALLY, Must have a current/valid technically relevant Computing Environment certification in a Cisco technology. Note that lower level Cisco certifications (i.e. CCNA) DO NOT meet this requirement.
COMPUTING ENVIRONMENT CERTIFICATION:
* Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)-Collaboration (formerly CCIE-Voice)