Voluntary Communications Specialist 9/7/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB LOCATION
Irvine, CA or San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA or Denver, CO
The Voluntary Communication Specialist (VCS) is responsible for partnering with the Voluntary Specialist Director and the assigned sales team to drive growth of voluntary benefits product portfolio. The VCS will serve as a voluntary benefits and enrollment expert, providing dedicated pre- and post-sale strategic guidance during the acquisition of new business and in maintaining existing client relationships.
The VCS will partner with various organizations, including Product COE, Distribution Development, and Marketing, to provide day-to-day support of voluntary benefits products to sales partners.
The VCS will assist with and identify additional SMEs for RFP opportunities; participate in pre-finalist planning discussions, pre-implementation and strategic implementation calls with AEs; lead account planning efforts; and deliver training to sales partners. The VCS will serve as secondary support for strategic broker, prospect, and customer meetings to drive sales results, while building and maintaining strong relationships.
* Build new, and maintain existing, relationships with sales partners to increase revenue.
* Partner with VSD to consult and advise sales partners on value-added strategies to optimize business with brokers and clients.
* Further sales force engagement and quality of sales pipeline and activity through training and account planning discussions.
* Support strategic pre-implementation needs, including coordination of key partners.
* Participate on strategic implementation calls to ensure sale is on track and enrollment/communication strategies are agreed to and executed.
* Provide enrollment strategy direction through the RFP/Proposal generation process; including developing initial proposal for second sale education and enrollment strategy through partnership with customer, broker, sales and/or third party.
* Ensure resources supporting enrollment meetings are trained and prepared; Identify appropriate plan material/plan summaries and coordinate orders.
* Measure participation and monitor case activity to ensure consistent, quality results.
* Serve as the expert to identify and broker the right platforms to meet unique customer needs; be able to compare and contrast proprietary systems to external options to ensure credible recommendations are made.
* Conduct training workshops for aligned sales partners to increase the knowledge of Voluntary & Worksite products and enrollment strategies.
* Advise sales team on the strategic marketplace positioning of our product capabilities, solutions, and enrollment strategies.
* Deliver on strategic initiatives as directed by management
* 5+ years of experience in product, sales, marketing, or wholesaling in insurance industry (internal, external or combination)
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent of experience and education
* Excellent presentation skills
* Thorough knowledge of and proven ability to demonstrate sales and marketing principles and practices
* Expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of existing, new and enhanced products.
* Travel up to 15%required
* Ability to work independently and to communicate clearly and concisely
* Proven ability to build strong relationships
* Proven ability to produce results through others
* Property & Casualty and Life & Health licenses