WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST - On-The-Job Training
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for selecting product and loading trucks (i.e., moving product between the loading dock and the warehouse and moving product within the warehouse) with a high degree of accuracy and great sense of urgency while meeting standards within McLane established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Review documents and record information; verify quantity, identity, availability and condition of product.
* Drive and operate the reach truck, pallet jack and fork truck to select, pull, sort, and stack product within the warehouse and dock.
* Work any shift including weekends.
* Hand stack product on occasion when off balance or in the wrong location.
* Shrink-wrap and label outgoing orders and remove shrink wrap from incoming orders.
* Meet this position's physical demands.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Have 1-2 years of distribution warehouse experience including operation of reach truck, pallet jack & forklift is desired.
* Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
* Be able to perform mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to verify quantities of product.
* Be able to apply understanding of problems involving some variables.