WELDER - 2ND SHIFT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Pro Staff is currently seeking experienced WELDERS for 2nd shift opportunities in Windom, MN.
A Welder candidate needs to be capable of performing a variety of welding functions. The individual should be familiar with and capable of using various types of welding equipment. A welder is also required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as supervision deems necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
* Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
* Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
* Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
* Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixtures, selects torch, torch tip, filler ford and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of material.
* Tacks assemblies together, chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter, cleans or de-grease parts.
* Performs all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding.
* Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
* Must be able to read a tape measure.
* Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
* Ability to use weld fillet gauges to ensure proper weld size and interpret tolerances.
* Must be able to identify and measure material.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Forklift training certificate or the ability to receive it.
Apply via posting or send resume to email@example.com
Apply in person at:
Pro Staff in the BARC Center
1012 5th Ave - Room 20
(Direct office access at back of building)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.