WLAN Principal Systems Design Engineer 8/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
As a member of the WLAN PHY systems team, the candidate will participate in the design and characterization of cutting edge WLAN products. The candidate should exhibit strong technical leadership by taking ownership of large modules and complex problems, and providing technical guidance to junior members of the team. The requirements include, but are not limited to:
* PHY algorithm design and development from concept to production; requires extensive characterization on silicon, and ability to debug issues on chip and identify/implement enhancements back into the system model.
* Understanding of complete end-to-end WLAN system is a strong advantage, including radio, PHY, MAC and SW. Candidate should be able to apply knowledge of complete WLAN systems to make PHY feature development more robust and effective.
* Good grasp of C coding fundamentals for both system simulations as well as driver code development is a strong plus.
* Draw concepts from wireless communication theory to test performance and identify system deficiencies
* Minimum: M.S + 5 years experience or Ph.D. + 2 years experience
* Successful candidate will be hired at a level commensurate with their experience
* Must clearly understand fundamentals of Digital Communication theory, MIMO-OFDM, Signal Processing.
* Experience with MATLAB, C/C++ and scripting/automation tools such as Python and/or Perl
* Familiarity with WLAN standards. Knowledge of Bluetooth is an added advantage.
* Strong communications and multitasking skills; be able to work with multidisciplinary teams to develop algorithms that span PHY/MAC/SW verticals.
* Bring up experience is desirable.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.