- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job ID: REQ20004145
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for performing tasks related to receiving product, stocking and replenishment, and inventory control. This includes safely unloading trucks and unpacking received product, comparing the purchase order to the product received for accuracy, counting quantities of product received and ensuring the quality of the product is at an acceptable level, and removing damaged or non-conforming product using data entry and retrieval devices to record receipt transaction (using scanners and computer input). In addition, this position safely transfers material from receiving area to warehouse or dispensing locations and ensures proper stock rotation utilizing PDAs to update the inventory system. The Warehouse Assistant also audits shelf counts for accuracy, reviews inventory for short-dated and expired product, and reports discrepancies to the supervisor.
* Safely unpack and evaluate incoming product for correct count and condition in comparison to purchase orders
* Safe operation of material handling equipment and hand tools such as forklifts, pallet jacks (manual and electric), carts, dollies, box cutters, wire cutters, etc. to unload trucks and stock the warehouse/pharmacy
* Accurate data entry and retrieval using computers, and scanners (PDA)
* Bin and shelf inventory maintenance and stock rotation including shelf counts, short shelf life and expired product audits
* Communicate discrepancies or issues as they are occur to the appropriate personnel
* Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned work stations and areas
* Other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 0-1 years relevant work experience
* Ability to accurately compare two sets of data
* Basic math, organization, computer, and communication skills
* Ability to do repetitive bending, squatting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and hand motions
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate heavy work volumes
* Ability to walk/stand for full shift
* Ability to read and differentiate small print
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Enterprise Operations Management and Integration Division (EOMI) enables the organization to reach its business goals by optimizing operational performance. They accomplish this through a shared service model, utilizing specialized resources and providing cross-functional insight to ensure quality and consistency for our members and clients. This group is made up of several key teams including Strategic Initiatives, Quality Monitoring, Audit Relations and Training, Analytics and Process Improvement and Service Delivery.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.