Warehouse Associate 9/2/2016
MRC Global Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
About the Organization
MRC Global is the largest global distributor, based on sales, of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF) and related products and services to the energy industry and supplies these products and services across each of the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
Maintain the flow of stocked and delivered inventory by pulling material from bins, loading material onto trucks, placing new material arrivals into bins, scanning or entering the data into the inventory database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Unload material, tools, and equipment from vendor trucks; inspecting material for minimum MRC quality requirements;
* Stock and transfer material, tools, and equipment to appropriate shelf, bin, rack, or pipe bundle by a predetermined sequence, including bind location, size, type, style, and length;
* Mark material with correct identifying information;
* Transfer material to and from the shops for modification purposes;
* Assemble customer orders from stock and package orders in boxes and pallets as per customer requirements;
* Pull orders for delivery and stock-to-stock transfer; load onto correct truck or transfer to packing area using a forklift, overhead crane, and heavy equipment;
* Prepare documentation for UPS, LTL, SH, or Air Shipments;
* Adhere to required safety policies, guidelines and training;
* Maintain warehouse cleanliness in compliance with OSHA and customer safety policies;
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned;
* Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
* High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree);
* Ability to learn MRC, federal, health and safety regulations;
* Typing and basic computer skills;
* Knowledge of or ability to learn MRC warehouse operations and business processes;
* Basic math and good reading skills.
* Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
* Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
* Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
1555 East Del Amo Boulevard
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://MRCGlobal.appone.com