This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 4/4/2017
Southern States Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF POSITION: Performs various warehouse duties.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Loads/unloads merchandise and operates forklifts and loaders. Positions merchandise in and out of warehouse/showroom.
2. Fills orders and loads customer vehicles insuring all product has been properly billed, loaded and secured. Follow customer service guidelines.
3. Keeps store, outside lot, display areas and warehouse neat and organized. Maintains outside areas, which may include lawn maintenance duties, painting and general maintenance assignments.4. Assist in stocking and recovery of showroom.
5. Check incoming merchandise verifying merchandise against loading slips.
6. Assists in taking physical inventory.
7. Operates assigned equipment; forklift, front-end loader, pallet jack, skid loader etc.
8. Adheres to SS No Tolerance Policy on Safety and Environment.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduate/GED and/or related work experience.
Must acquire within 30 days of employment Forklift certification.
Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 100 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. May require a valid drivers license. Job requires contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.