This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
The General Warehouse Associate (GWA) is responsible for picking, scanning, labeling, moving, staging, replenishing, packing, and stacking product. The Associate is also responsible for counting and inspecting product, notifying leadership when there are damages or discrepancies, accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and is expected to perform all duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of the UTi team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety and quality and to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
* The picking functions include, but are not limited to, using a pallet jack to accurately pick orders to fulfill client demands. Associates must efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates will stack, package, band, shrink wrap and label products as determined by client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
* The quality control functions include, but are not limited to, using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled and shipped correctly. Associates will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Associates will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label products. All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
* All Associates are responsible for executing all safety protocols and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
* Associates are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility and are required to maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area and assist in security of the warehouse.
* Associates will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/SDS Standards.
* In performing assigned duties, the equipment used can include, but is not limited to, a pallet jack.
* Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
* Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner and follow prescribed work methods.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Not required but helpful
English (reading, writing, and verbal).
Basic reading and writing skills required.
Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
All applicants are required to complete a math test on site prior to employment.
* 6 months work experience in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
* Strong attention to details, accuracy and ability to accomplish job tasks in a timely manner.
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.