This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONWarehouse Associates / Material Handlers are responsible for accurate receiving, storing, picking, and shipping of products to meet VWR standards of productivity, quality, safety, and customer service. This position is based in an industrial warehouse setting and is a position that is flexible to a wide array of duties within warehousing.
Warehouse Associate / Material Handlers essential duties are to perform various tasks in the warehouse such as but not limited to:
* Inbound: Unload trucks, trailers, containers of freight, counting products, compare to manifest to check all shipments for damage, infestation, or production code dates. Material handlers must report shortages, damages, and mis-shipments on appropriate forms. Also be able to sign for inbound shipments when necessary. All inbound shipments are moved safely to storage locations to be efficiently stacked as store merchandise.
* Order Picking: Ensure that the correct product number, quantity and type (lot, batch, serial number) of product are picked. Transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment such as but not limited to fork trucks, cherry pickers, or pallet jacks. Materials handlers must be able to label, stencil, tag, mark orders, band, bundle, wrap, over-pack, and palletize as required.
* Outbound: Compare quantity, labeling and address with order to ensure out-going shipments are complete and correct. Assign signature for outbound as necessary. Efficiently move product, cartons and or pallets into trailers, rail cars or containers.
* Equipment: Maintain equipment in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Comply with company standards and OSHA requirements.
* Inventory: Keep accurate records and reports. Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts. Ensure proper stock rotation. May key inventory adjustments in computer.
* Other Duties: Repack or re-box cases per customer instructions. Repair and consolidate damaged goods as required. Operate shrink-wrap machine. Charge forklift battery as needed; stack and or separate good from bad pallets when necessary; clean railcars, trailers, and truck docks, bays as requested.
Experience & Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to use proper techniques to lift up to 75 pounds. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
* Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
* Must be able to shift priorities easily.
* Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
* Must have responsible work habits.
* Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
* Must be available to work any shift.
* Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret SOP s, coverage, documents, and regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Understanding of metric system measurements is beneficial.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Other: Skill and ability to type. Skill and ability to operate a computer. Skill and ability to organize and prioritize work. Skill and ability to meet deadlines and operate office equipment. Skill and ability to use Microsoft office tools and company software.
* High School education or GED is required and 1-3 years of warehousing experience.
* OSHA Forklift and HAZMAT certification a plus
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The job requires working in heights, exposure to changes in temperature, driving equipment, and maybe exposed to dust, fumes, or gases.
* The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great