Warehouse Associates 9/2/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
Los Indios, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
JOB SUMMARY: The warehouse associate is responsible for operating at the warehouse for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting. Plus, computer data entry required for receipts/shipments. Key responsibilities to include:
* Shipping/receiving accuracy
* Use and maintain all warehouse tools such as scanners, and computer accessories in a good working conditions.
* Safe use of all equipment (PIT s, Order Selector, Scissor Lift, and Battery Extractor when needed)
* Prepare freight to meet customer requirements
* Assist supervision/management as needed
* Follow company policies, guidelines and safety procedures
* Effectively interface directly with fellow associates (inter/intra dept.) daily to maintain good customer service and working relations.
Functions may vary dependent on work assignment the duties are all inclusive as associates may be requested to assist in various areas of the operation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Shipping & Receiving
Perform all inbound and/or outbound product functions including: unloading, checking, orderly stacking, storing, order pulling, staging, checking, labeling and loading. Maintain individual and team performance standards based on time studies and efficiency agreements with efforts to reduce or eliminate any indirect time(s). Assist supervisor and management with any other assigned activity. Maintain an organized work area.
Efficiently moves product from staging and/or storage to production lines and/or staging docks. Proper documentation must accompany freight
Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using proper equipment. Maintain the facility s equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and report any maintenance issues with the equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories.
Conduct yourself in a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
Safety, Housekeeping, Security
Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
Responsibility and Authority
Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system; to identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system; to initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT (GED)
* 1-3 years preferred but not required
* Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends, as required by the operation.
* Participate in established cross training matrix activities with the opportunity to improve their knowledge in multiple areas / departments and be able to assist as a backup associate when the need may rise.
UTi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, liability for military service, or any other factor prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.