Warehouse Building/Equipment Maintenance Mechanic 2nd Shift - Kenosha, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Our talented warehouse team members are known for their high standards of productivity, attention to detail, and valuable team partnerships to achieve the best results. To achieve these results we are searching for someone to fill the role of Building & Equipment Maintenance associate.
The position of Building & Equipment Maintenance associate is an essential function of our success. The person hired for this position maintains and performs daily preventative maintenance on all building equipment including cranes, conveyors, and power industrial vehicles to ensure maximum operating efficiency for all equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE:
* Maintains and performs daily preventive maintenance on cranes, conveyers, and power industrial vehicles
* Maintain battery room and chargers to include charging and changing batteries for material handling equipment
* Observes mechanical devices in operation to determine potential cause of issue
* Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, hand and power tools
* Maintain appropriate levels of material handling equipment and maintenance supplies
* Tracks and completes all preventative maintenance documentation utilizing Maximo database software application
* Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines including OSHA
FOR THIS POSITION:
* High School Diploma or equivalent GED degree
* Three years previous machine repair experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Detail written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrate strong organizational and problem-solving skills
* Ability to multi-task, establishing appropriate priorities
* Work independently and/or within a team environment
* Effectively work with others, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret a variety of written communications and diagrams
* Proficiency in hydraulics, electronics, electrical and mechanical service and repair
* General computer skills necessary, including database software applications
* Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds on a regular basis
* Ability to tolerate fluctuating temperatures and loud noises within the warehouse
LOCATION AND HOURS:
* Kenosha Distribution Center 10901 38th St. Kenosha, WI 53144
* Shift: Sunday through Thursday, 9:00 pm until 5:30/until finished
GORDON FOOD SERVICE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.