This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
Job Summary: PART-TIME Warehouse/Shipping & Receiving Grandville, MI
The Warehouse Associate will stock, store, and label incoming materials and supplies in the warehouse for future redistribution from that location. This includes the preparation of materials and supplies for distribution via an outside courier or Airgas Delivery Driver to the local customers. This position may also act as back-up support for counter sales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and Responsibilities:
* Stocking, storing, labeling, picking, packing and distribution of materials and supplies.
* Physical receipt, checking, and storage of delivered materials into the location warehouse.
* Perform periodic inventory of warehouse materials as directed.
* Organize and control site warehouse inventoried items.
* Ensure that warehouse inventory matches SAP (computerized inventory system).
* Review of incoming/outgoing product invoices per Company policy.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack, or other warehouse equipment.
* Follows appropriate Company policies and procedures as they relate to distribution, safety, etc.
* Perform general housekeeping duties as required.
* Respond to customer inquiries.
* Perform other duties, projects, tasks as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* HS Diploma or equivalent
Required Length & Type of Experience:
* Minimum of 1 year previous related warehouse and/or industrial experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
* Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* SAP experience preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Strong level of attention to detail.
* Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Extended periods of standing and/or sitting.
* Occasional lifting of less than 25 pounds
* Occasional lifting of 50 - 125 pounds
* Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motions required to lift, push, pull, drive.
* Occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities
* Close, distant and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Perform duties in a warehouse work environment
* Occasionally perform duties in an outdoor environment: able to occasionally work in different weather (rain, snow, heat)
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability